Reboot all Computers in Domain?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking (More info?)

Is it possible to reboot all client computers in a 2000/2003 domain from a
group policy or something? I have to manually reboot them tonight after a
software push, and not sure how to do it. thanks.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking (More info?)

Remember you force and such switches.

It is really irritating to think you did it
and find some dialog box held one of
them open.

The other posters gave you the good tools,
shutdown and psshutdown (plus ShutGUI).

On Win2003 there is a built-in shutdown
too.

--
Herb Martin

"Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@nospam-comcast.net> said

> Yeah. PsShutdown has a wild card switch. The -r will do a reboot instead
> of shutdown. --- Steve
>
> http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psshutdown.shtml
>
> Perform the command on the remote computer or computers specified. If
> you omit the computer name the command runs on the local system, and if
> you specify a wildcard (\\*), the command runs on all computers in the
> current domain.

*Including Servers* Be careful using the wildcard.

--

Andy.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.networking (More info?)

Absolutely. A wild card is a wild card. --- Steve