GDWH message

Brand new computer and when I switch users, my internet connection doesn't
work and the message 'end program now' pops up with the letters GDWH. Any
idea what this is. I have searched the internet for this, but no info out
there to help me solve this problem. Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about gdwh message

    Keep a Dial-Up Connection Open for All Users
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/learnmore/tips/theriot1.mspx

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:01:05 -0800, 10smom wrote:

    > Brand new computer and when I switch users, my internet connection doesn't
    > work and the message 'end program now' pops up with the letters GDWH. Any
    > idea what this is. I have searched the internet for this, but no info out
    > there to help me solve this problem. Thanks.

    A search on google doesn't bring up anything definitive. Saw several
    threads suggesting that this belongs to a security tool installed on Dell
    computers but no feedback to confirm. Might check with Dell if that's your
    brand of computer. They would be able to tell you if there is an update to
    fix this problem or if it's something that you can safely disable.

    It sure wouldn't hurt to run a full system scan with an antivirus program
    that has current virus definitions just to be on the safe side.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Anyone got any more news on GDWH? This meagre thread was the only
    relevant result thrown up by a google search.

    GDWH is preventing me from accessing the internet at all. I'm having
    to use another computer to log this entry. I don't think it's anything
    to do with Dell, as my PC is a self-build with no Dell parts.

    I'm struggling with About Blank too. At first I thought they were
    related but I think I have two separate problems.

    Any advice - from geeks or otherwise - would be gratefully received.

    --
    JustinN4
    JustinN4's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=10360

    Well, I navigated to http://music.gdwh.com.cn/ and listened to a lot of neat
    Chinese pop songs. Oh, well.

    "JustinN4" <JustinN4.1l6rt4@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com> wrote in message

    > Anyone got any more news on GDWH? This meagre thread was the only
    > relevant result thrown up by a google search.
    >
    > GDWH is preventing me from accessing the internet at all. I'm having
    > to use another computer to log this entry. I don't think it's anything
    > to do with Dell, as my PC is a self-build with no Dell parts.
    >
    > I'm struggling with About Blank too. At first I thought they were
    > related but I think I have two separate problems.
    >
    > Any advice - from geeks or otherwise - would be gratefully received.
    >

    > --
    > JustinN4
    > JustinN4's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=10360
    > View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=816728

Computers Microsoft Internet Connection Windows XP