GDWH message

February 15, 2005 7:01:05 PM

Brand new computer and when I switch users, my internet connection doesn't
work and the message 'end program now' pops up with the letters GDWH. Any
idea what this is. I have searched the internet for this, but no info out
there to help me solve this problem. Thanks.

More about : gdwh message

Anonymous
February 15, 2005 9:33:22 PM

Keep a Dial-Up Connection Open for All Users
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/lea...

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"10smom" wrote:

| Brand new computer and when I switch users, my internet connection doesn't
| work and the message 'end program now' pops up with the letters GDWH. Any
| idea what this is. I have searched the internet for this, but no info out
| there to help me solve this problem. Thanks.
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 11:13:40 PM

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:01:05 -0800, 10smom wrote:

> Brand new computer and when I switch users, my internet connection doesn't
> work and the message 'end program now' pops up with the letters GDWH. Any
> idea what this is. I have searched the internet for this, but no info out
> there to help me solve this problem. Thanks.

A search on google doesn't bring up anything definitive. Saw several
threads suggesting that this belongs to a security tool installed on Dell
computers but no feedback to confirm. Might check with Dell if that's your
brand of computer. They would be able to tell you if there is an update to
fix this problem or if it's something that you can safely disable.

It sure wouldn't hurt to run a full system scan with an antivirus program
that has current virus definitions just to be on the safe side.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Anyone got any more news on GDWH? This meagre thread was the only
relevant result thrown up by a google search.

GDWH is preventing me from accessing the internet at all. I'm having
to use another computer to log this entry. I don't think it's anything
to do with Dell, as my PC is a self-build with no Dell parts.

I'm struggling with About Blank too. At first I thought they were
related but I think I have two separate problems.

Any advice - from geeks or otherwise - would be gratefully received.

--
JustinN4
JustinN4's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=10360

Well, I navigated to http://music.gdwh.com.cn/ and listened to a lot of neat