How to remove the windows 7 administrator password which has been forgot and can

Status
Not open for further replies.

appa appa dupa

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
Hello,how to reset the password that has been forgot i cannot open the system and my administrator account is disabled how can i change the password of the windows 7 password i will be thank full that if you give me the idea

It's unlikely the Administrator account has been disabled - you can't actually see it in Windows 7 without going to some trouble to make it show up. Which part of the system are you trying to open and why? We don't give password cracking advice on here but we can fix most other issues.

The administrator account is disabled by default in Win 7. You can activate it either through the computer management screen or via a command prompt (run as administrator) and type in this command:

net user administrator /active:yes

If you haven't created a password recovery CD I'm not sure how you can get access to the computer.

I prefer to describe it as hidden rather than disabled. However, to unhide it you would have to use the Command Prompt syntax "net user administrator {username} {password}" and then use your syntax but with an upper case A for Administrator so without a password, the OP has no chance.

You can describe it that way, but it is disabled.

In Windows® 7, the built-in administrator account is disabled by default. In previous versions of Windows, an Administrator account was automatically created during Out-of-Box-Experience (OOBE) with a blank password.

An Administrator account with a blank password is a security risk. To better protect the system, the built-in Administrator account is disabled by default in all clean installations and upgrades of Windows 7.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744293%28WS.10%29.aspx

Which beggars the question how can you create a password for an account you can't see, be it hidden or disable. In lots of instances of running as Administrator, the action fails for lack of a password. :D Typical of M$ to mess up but at least it explains why W7 only comes part way installed and you have to do the rest yourself.

True, but the OP states he already had an administrator password but can't remember it, at leasts that is the subject of this topic. His first post says his admin account is disabled, but he must have enabled it at some point to have entered a password for it. If this is the case, yes he must enable the account again in order to change the password. If his account doesn't have administrator priveleges he will need a password recovey CD assuming he created one after installing windows.

turk_1000

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2007
Just Google "windows password remover" or "windows password recovery". I have never used the free options but some of them must work. I have a paid version. If you work on a lot of friends computers this is a must have tool. Drinking and deciding you need a cool new password usually doesn't work out too well.

Before the Mods take an interest in this thread and close it, let's agree on a summary. He's lost his own password and can't enable or unhide (your choice) the System Administrator account to go into Safe Mode as Admin and dump the User Account password. He's screwed unless he creates a new account which he can't do if the only one with Admin rights isn't available to him.

Therefore he's really screwed without hacking software that we don't even think about in Tom's and this thread becomes a cautionary tale about writing passwords down and keeping them safe.

olivlawen

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
emm, forgot Windows 7 password?
There are some methods for you to reset it, just follow the info and have a try
Option 1: Use a password reset disk to reset lost password if you have created one before forgtting the password.
requirement: USB flash drive or floppy
time: a few minutes
Note: This password reset disk can be only created when you can log on with the lost windows password.

Option 2: use a freeware to crack lost windows admin password, then you can get back the password, like Ophcrack
requirement: download Ophcrack live cd,
time: more than i hour

Option 3; a high efficient and easy-to-use low affordable shareware, like Windows Password Reset Tool, which can reset windows 7 password quickly and successfully.
Requirement: a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
Time: within a few minutes.
Steps:
Step 1: Download and install Windows Password Reset Tool in any available computer.

Step 2: Burn a bootable CD/DVD to remove lost Windows password. (or USB Flash drive)

Step 3: BIOS settings

Step 4: Recover forgotten Windows password with the burned CD/DVD (or USB Flash drive)

good luck ~

Hello.

There is a hidden default Administrator account that is created when your operating system is installed. Access that account to reset your password.

1. Boot your computer and press F8 repeatedly
2. Access Safe Mode
3. Key in "Administrator" in Username, with no password.
4. Go to Control Panel, then User Accounts
5. Select the account you want to reset the password
6. Change the password

If it doesn't help, you need to download Windows Password Key to wipe up the password, read more from its official website.

Hope this helps.

The administrator account is disabled by default. The only way to accomplish the above is if he previously enabled the administrator account.

Status
Not open for further replies.