Browsing remote workstation local group policy.

Hi,
I am trying to edit a remote workstation (win2000 prof)local group policy.I
do not have a win2000 server or Domain controleror LDAP in between all
workstations are as if connected to a simple hub.
I tried using
runas /profile /env /user:remote_ipaddr\admin "mmc
%windir%\system32\gpedit.msc"

This accepts password then tries to open gpedit but comes out with Microsoft
visual C++ Runtime Library Run time error 'abnormal program termination"

Is there any way I can over come this problem and have read write access to
remote workstations local group policy.

Thanks and regards.
1 answer Last reply
More about browsing remote workstation local group policy

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 03:53:02 -0800, Mubeen <Mubeen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I am trying to edit a remote workstation (win2000 prof)local group policy.I
    >do not have a win2000 server or Domain controleror LDAP in between all
    >workstations are as if connected to a simple hub.
    >I tried using
    >runas /profile /env /user:remote_ipaddr\admin "mmc
    >%windir%\system32\gpedit.msc"
    >
    >This accepts password then tries to open gpedit but comes out with Microsoft
    >visual C++ Runtime Library Run time error 'abnormal program termination"
    >
    >Is there any way I can over come this problem and have read write access to
    >remote workstations local group policy.
    >
    >Thanks and regards.

    If they are all different, copy it locally, edit it, copy it back.
    See tip 3612 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

    If they should be same, edit it on the 'master' and then copy them.

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows Server MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com