Browsing remote workstation local group policy.

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
February 16, 2005 6:53:02 AM

Hi,
I am trying to edit a remote workstation (win2000 prof)local group policy.I
do not have a win2000 server or Domain controleror LDAP in between all
workstations are as if connected to a simple hub.
I tried using
runas /profile /env /user:remote_ipaddr\admin "mmc
%windir%\system32\gpedit.msc"

This accepts password then tries to open gpedit but comes out with Microsoft
visual C++ Runtime Library Run time error 'abnormal program termination"

Is there any way I can over come this problem and have read write access to
remote workstations local group policy.

Thanks and regards.
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 11:02:46 AM

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 03:53:02 -0800, Mubeen <Mubeen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I am trying to edit a remote workstation (win2000 prof)local group policy.I
>do not have a win2000 server or Domain controleror LDAP in between all
>workstations are as if connected to a simple hub.
>I tried using
>runas /profile /env /user:remote_ipaddr\admin "mmc
>%windir%\system32\gpedit.msc"
>
>This accepts password then tries to open gpedit but comes out with Microsoft
>visual C++ Runtime Library Run time error 'abnormal program termination"
>
>Is there any way I can over come this problem and have read write access to
>remote workstations local group policy.
>
>Thanks and regards.

If they are all different, copy it locally, edit it, copy it back.
See tip 3612 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

If they should be same, edit it on the 'master' and then copy them.

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com