HELP : Can't access local disks!

I have WinXP!

I've installed some client application for cyber cafe, and it applied some
policies to my computer so I can't access disks, right-mouse click etc. But
when I uninstalled it, it didn't remove those rights settings.

Now, I can't find where in Group policy editor I can enable access to local
disks, and CDrom drives, and My Documents folder!

Please help. I don't want to reinstall Windows.
Thanks in advance!

"Goran Genter" wrote:
> I have WinXP!
>
> I've installed some client application for cyber cafe, and it
> applied some
> policies to my computer so I can't access disks, right-mouse
> click etc. But
> when I uninstalled it, it didn't remove those rights settings.
>
> Now, I can't find where in Group policy editor I can enable
> access to local
> disks, and CDrom drives, and My Documents folder!
>
> Please help. I don't want to reinstall Windows.
> Thanks in advance!

Hi,

This is a problem if they are local settings. Try running gpedit.msc
from the run line and seeing if that is there. You can always do a
system restore to the point before you installed the Cyber Cafe.

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-HELP-access-local-disks-ftopict265781.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=832197

Use gpedit.msc to open local Group Policy. Look under user
configuration/administrative templates. You will see quite a few categories
but the restrictions are there. In particular look in Windows
Components/Windows Explorer. Right click is called a context menu setting.
When you find the associated settings reverse them from enabled to disabled
or vice versa as the case may be to undo the restriction. If the setting is
undefined, either enable or disable the setting to undo the change. Most of
the time you will be using "disabled". --- Steve