Sign in with
Your question

recommendations on Video Card manufacturer's?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 26, 2007 2:00:39 PM

I'm looking at getting a GeForce7950 PCIe for my new machine, ZipZoomFly has some pretty good deals on eVGA but if my memory serves me correctly I've heard some pretty bad things about eVGA (Or maybe I'm thinking Chaintech?)

Anyway, does anyone have some advice?

-Thanks!
January 26, 2007 2:30:27 PM

Quote:
I'm looking at getting a GeForce7950 PCIe for my new machine, ZipZoomFly has some pretty good deals on eVGA but if my memory serves me correctly I've heard some pretty bad things about eVGA (Or maybe I'm thinking Chaintech?)

Anyway, does anyone have some advice?

-Thanks!

Howdy. Honestly I think they all have had issues at one time. But the best ones (In my opinion) are BFG, XFX and eVGA. Thing with eVGA is they offer the step up program and they all offer life time warranties. I have the eVGA 7900GTX that I used the stepup from the 7800GTX256 :)  They worked with me very well on that. My experience has been very very good thus far.
But realy, any of those 3 would be great. There are others that are really good too but those would be my "1st" picks of any others., :) 
Hope that helped :) 
January 26, 2007 2:39:21 PM

I agree.
January 26, 2007 2:44:41 PM

cool thanks

additionally I was looking at a MSI Skt939 motherboard, and theres two different ones with two different Chipsets

One has the nForce4 ULTRA
The other has the nForce4 SLi chipset

is there really any difference between the two? (Besides SLi capability)
!