Short cuts no longer work...please help!

psychsoldier

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2006
I installed Firefox and after a couple of months, uninstalled it. I am not sure why, but now when i click on ANY shortcut button or hotlink in any email message..the button wont work and the page wont open, etc. I installed IE 6 again and that didnt fix the problem. But since the problem is with Outlook Express 6, i dont know what to do. Is there a way to re-install OE to fix this problem? Thanks in advance!

Alyarbank

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
Sounds like you still have Firefox registered as your default web browser. To set IE as your default browser follow these steps:

Internet Explorer 7
:
Open Internet Explorer 7, Click "Tools" then "Internet Options" then the "Programs" tab. The middle option on this tab has a button to make IE7 the default web browser.

Internet Explorer 6
:
Open Internet Explorer 6, Click "Tools" then "Internet Options" then the "Programs" tab. The bottom option on this tab has a check box to make IE6 the default web browser.

After changing this setting close IE then open Outlook and try a link to see if it opens in the IE browser. If not you may have to do a repair on Outlook through the "Add/Remove Programs" section of the control panel.

:wink:
PS: I'm assuming you meant "Link" when you said "Short cut" as they are different objects. But it seems you are talking about email and not the desktop so you must be refering to hyper-links (Internet Short cuts)