Compact flash adapter

April 23, 2005 2:31:28 AM

I have a 3955 PPC with a new compact flash adapter with a 256 meg cf card.
the PPC sees total memory storage as 249.5MB which is fine,the in use shows
246 MB and only 3.35 MB free,
the is nothing on the card.

Does anyone know how to tell it that the full 249.5 MB is free and not used?

any help is greatly appreciated
Mike K.

More about : compact flash adapter

Anonymous
April 23, 2005 5:38:50 PM

"MIke Kertesz" <Mkertesz@ieee.org> wrote in message
| I have a 3955 PPC with a new compact flash adapter with a 256 meg cf
card.
| the PPC sees total memory storage as 249.5MB which is fine,the in use
shows
| 246 MB and only 3.35 MB free,
| the is nothing on the card.
|
| Does anyone know how to tell it that the full 249.5 MB is free and
not used?

| any help is greatly appreciated
| Mike K.

Why not reformat the card? There's nothing on it to lose.
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 5:38:51 PM

How do I reformat the card?
In the PPC or other CF reader?
"alan smith" <alan@REMOVEmral.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 4dhml$2jo$3@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...

> "MIke Kertesz" <Mkertesz@ieee.org> wrote in message
> | I have a 3955 PPC with a new compact flash adapter with a 256 meg cf
> card.
> | the PPC sees total memory storage as 249.5MB which is fine,the in use
> shows
> | 246 MB and only 3.35 MB free,
> | the is nothing on the card.
> |
> | Does anyone know how to tell it that the full 249.5 MB is free and
> not used?
> |
> | any help is greatly appreciated
> | Mike K.
> |

> Why not reformat the card? There's nothing on it to lose.

Anonymous
April 23, 2005 11:06:58 PM

comment moved so there is a proper flow of conversation rather than
jumping from top to bottom to top to ........

| "alan smith" <alan@REMOVEmral.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
| news:D 4dhml$2jo$3@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
| >
| > "MIke Kertesz" <Mkertesz@ieee.org> wrote in message
| > | I have a 3955 PPC with a new compact flash adapter with a 256 meg
cf
| > card.
| > | the PPC sees total memory storage as 249.5MB which is fine,the in
use
| > shows
| > | 246 MB and only 3.35 MB free,
| > | the is nothing on the card.
| > |
| > | Does anyone know how to tell it that the full 249.5 MB is free
and
| > not used?
| > |
| > | any help is greatly appreciated
| > | Mike K.
| > |
| > |

| > Why not reformat the card? There's nothing on it to lose.

Last post moved to maintain continuity in conversational flow:

| How do I reformat the card?

| In the PPC or other CF reader?

That's up to you, and will depend on what utilities you have- you've
not said what you have so I can't really advise.

If you have formatting utilities for both platforms you can choose, if
you only have software for one of the platforms it kind of becomes
obvious where to do it unless you wish to seek out other software.
Do you have the ability to format on your ppc? If not then I would
expect that your PC has that ability.
!