Event ID: 1202
Date: 2/17/2005
Time: 6:48:44 AM
User: N/A
Computer: TEC-CSTARNES
Security policies were propagated with warning. 0xd : The data is invalid.

For best results in resolving this event, log on with a
non-administrative account and search http://support.microsoft.com for
"Troubleshooting Event 1202's".

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1085
Date: 2/17/2005
Time: 6:48:44 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: TEC-CSTARNES
The Group Policy client-side extension Security failed to execute.
Please look for any errors reported earlier by that extension.

More about scecli errors 1202 userenv 1085 errors

    See if the following helps:

    http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=256000 "Error Messages After Importing Basicdc.inf into Group Policy "

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:53:11 -0600, CiscoTech <ciscotech@charter.net> wrote:

    >I am getting SceCli and UserEnv errors all over my domain, on XP and
    >Win2K computers.
    >Below are the exact errors on my XP SP2 computer.
    >Domain Controllers are Windows 2003.
    >
    >Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >Thanks in advance.

    >Event Type: Warning
    >Event Source: SceCli
    >Event Category: None
    >Event ID: 1202
    >Date: 2/17/2005
    >Time: 6:48:44 AM
    >User: N/A
    >Computer: TEC-CSTARNES
    >Security policies were propagated with warning. 0xd : The data is invalid.
    >
    >For best results in resolving this event, log on with a
    >non-administrative account and search http://support.microsoft.com for
    >"Troubleshooting Event 1202's".
    >
    >For more information, see Help and Support Center at
    >http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

    >Event Type: Error
    >Event Source: Userenv
    >Event Category: None
    >Event ID: 1085
    >Date: 2/17/2005
    >Time: 6:48:44 AM
    >User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    >Computer: TEC-CSTARNES
    >The Group Policy client-side extension Security failed to execute.
    >Please look for any errors reported earlier by that extension.
    >
    >For more information, see Help and Support Center at
    >http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows Server MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com

    Ciscotech,

    Turn up logging on the security CSE on an example workstation

    Location of the log file - %windir%\security\logs
    Registry Location -
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\GPExtensions\
    {827D319E-6EAC-11D2-A4EA-00C04F79F83A

    Registry Setting - Add the REG_DWORD value "ExtensionDebugLevel"
    and set it to 0x2
    Then perform a GPUPDATE /FORCE
    Verify you get the 1202.
    Then review the log file for errors.

    --
    Glenn L
    CCNA, MCSE 2000/2003 + Security

    "Jerold Schulman" <Jerry@jsiinc.com> wrote in message

    > See if the following helps:
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=256000 "Error Messages After Importing
    > Basicdc.inf into Group Policy "
    >

    > On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:53:11 -0600, CiscoTech <ciscotech@charter.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I am getting SceCli and UserEnv errors all over my domain, on XP and
    >>Win2K computers.
    >>Below are the exact errors on my XP SP2 computer.
    >>Domain Controllers are Windows 2003.
    >>
    >>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >>Thanks in advance.

    >>Event Type: Warning
    >>Event Source: SceCli
    >>Event Category: None
    >>Event ID: 1202
    >>Date: 2/17/2005
    >>Time: 6:48:44 AM
    >>User: N/A
    >>Computer: TEC-CSTARNES
    >>Security policies were propagated with warning. 0xd : The data is invalid.
    >>
    >>For best results in resolving this event, log on with a
    >>non-administrative account and search http://support.microsoft.com for
    >>"Troubleshooting Event 1202's".
    >>
    >>For more information, see Help and Support Center at
    >>http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

    >>Event Type: Error
    >>Event Source: Userenv
    >>Event Category: None
    >>Event ID: 1085
    >>Date: 2/17/2005
    >>Time: 6:48:44 AM
    >>User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    >>Computer: TEC-CSTARNES
    >>The Group Policy client-side extension Security failed to execute.
    >>Please look for any errors reported earlier by that extension.
    >>
    >>For more information, see Help and Support Center at
    >>http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    >

    > Jerold Schulman
    > Windows Server MVP
    > JSI, Inc.
    > http://www.jsiinc.com

    I am not seeing the Event ID 1000
    Also does this KB article apply to the Windows 2003, it shows to only
    apply to the Windows 2000 servers.

    Jerold Schulman wrote:
    > See if the following helps:
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=256000 "Error Messages After Importing Basicdc.inf into Group Policy "
    >

    > On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:53:11 -0600, CiscoTech <ciscotech@charter.net> wrote:
    >

    >>I am getting SceCli and UserEnv errors all over my domain, on XP and
    >>Win2K computers.
    >>Below are the exact errors on my XP SP2 computer.
    >>Domain Controllers are Windows 2003.
    >>
    >>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >>Thanks in advance.

    >>Event Type: Warning
    >>Event Source: SceCli
    >>Event Category: None
    >>Event ID: 1202
    >>Date: 2/17/2005
    >>Time: 6:48:44 AM
    >>User: N/A
    >>Computer: TEC-CSTARNES
    >>Security policies were propagated with warning. 0xd : The data is invalid.
    >>
    >>For best results in resolving this event, log on with a
    >>non-administrative account and search http://support.microsoft.com for
    >>"Troubleshooting Event 1202's".
    >>
    >>For more information, see Help and Support Center at
    >>http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

    >>Event Type: Error
    >>Event Source: Userenv
    >>Event Category: None
    >>Event ID: 1085
    >>Date: 2/17/2005
    >>Time: 6:48:44 AM
    >>User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    >>Computer: TEC-CSTARNES
    >>The Group Policy client-side extension Security failed to execute.
    >>Please look for any errors reported earlier by that extension.
    >>
    >>For more information, see Help and Support Center at
    >>http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    >

    > Jerold Schulman
    > Windows Server MVP
    > JSI, Inc.
    > http://www.jsiinc.com

    You should turn up winlogon logging and check the results. Also on the XP
    Clients, if you run RSOP.msc and look through the computer side of the
    policy it should show you the settings having problems. (this is usually
    users/groups that are typo'd, or cannot be resolved).

Computers Windows