wireless network setup wizard

a b F Wireless
February 15, 2005 11:05:01 PM

Problem with wireless network setup wizard. Somebody ran the setup wizard on
my system, and since then, my wireless connection doesn't work. I am using a
Linksys PCMCIA WPC11 wireless-B card.

Can I reset this?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 16, 2005 3:04:36 AM

You didn't really specify what your problem is (beyond "doesn't work") so my
first bit of advice would be to re-run the Wireless Network Setup Wizard.
You can do this from Control Panel.

"Denis Jeanveau" <DenisJeanveau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Problem with wireless network setup wizard. Somebody ran the setup wizard
> on
> my system, and since then, my wireless connection doesn't work. I am using
> Linksys PCMCIA WPC11 wireless-B card.
>
> Can I reset this?

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 16, 2005 7:29:05 AM

wireless can be tricky and there are lots of possibilities.
can you be more specific about the problem? Did your wireless
connection work before someone ran the setup wizard? What type of network
are you running? Lots of talented people here willing to help but more info
is best.

mark

"Denis Jeanveau" wrote:

> Problem with wireless network setup wizard. Somebody ran the setup wizard on
> my system, and since then, my wireless connection doesn't work. I am using a
> Linksys PCMCIA WPC11 wireless-B card.
>
> Can I reset this?

a b F Wireless
February 16, 2005 11:39:16 AM

"Denis Jeanveau" <DenisJeanveau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Problem with wireless network setup wizard. Somebody ran the setup wizard on
>my system, and since then, my wireless connection doesn't work. I am using a
>Linksys PCMCIA WPC11 wireless-B card.

See "How to Restore the Operating System to a Previous State in
Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306084).

--
(tm)
Anonymous

Considering the possible ramifications of a system restore, I don't
necessarily think that's called for quite so quickly.

"Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message

> See "How to Restore the Operating System to a Previous State in
> Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306084).
>
> --
> (tm)
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 16, 2005 11:41:26 AM

Reverting to a prior restore point does not affect your data files. On the
chance that you are confusing a system restore with restoring your computer
with a backup program, we are talking about the restore point, not the
latter.

"DJ Borell" <dborell(remove)@techmedix.com> wrote in message
> Considering the possible ramifications of a system restore, I don't
> necessarily think that's called for quite so quickly.
>
> "Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
>
>> See "How to Restore the Operating System to a Previous State in
>> Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306084).
>>
>> --
>> (tm)

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 16, 2005 12:04:00 PM

Navigate to http://www.linksys.com/default.asp , click the Support tab,
click the Knowledge Base icon, and on the Easy Answer page:

Skip the 'Select a Product' and 'Language' (default is English) choices. In
the SEARCH box enter '1651' without the quotes. In the SEARCH BY drop down
choose ANSWER ID. Click Search.

View the page and notice that below the tool are 'Related Easy Answers'.
Look at "Configuring a Linksys Wireless Adaptor."

"Denis Jeanveau" <DenisJeanveau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Problem with wireless network setup wizard. Somebody ran the setup wizard
> on
> my system, and since then, my wireless connection doesn't work. I am using
> Linksys PCMCIA WPC11 wireless-B card.
>
> Can I reset this?

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 16, 2005 6:20:32 PM

"DJ Borell" <dborell(remove)@techmedix.com> wrote:

>Considering the possible ramifications of a system restore, I don't
>necessarily think that's called for quite so quickly.

On the contrary - it is just the thing for unwinding such problems over
a few days, knowing that things will then be exactly as they were.
Anything else is more likely to foul things up even more