Ram Divider Question.

basketcase

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
If you underclock, or reduce the multiplier on your ram, does that reduce the PCI bus speed? I underclock my ram to 133, since I am running my A64 3200 Venice with 1 gig of ddr266 ram. When I tried using Clockgen to check what the buses where clocked at, it said my PCI was at 18 mhz. I was not sure if Clockgen was reading it wrong, or if it had to do with the ram divider. I think I had heard something at somepoint about that affecting the PCI bus. Unfortunately, I can't remember where, or what exactly it was refering to.

Another question. Another thing I read on a forum somewhere is someone said they thought that the k8m800 chipset had a AGP/PCI divider that kicked in at around 234 FSB. This was in reference to the fact that there is no AGP/PCI lock. Unfortunately, the thread was old and it was never talked about after that. Can anyone confirm ever hearing anything like this and if so what do they mean by divider?

OK, thanks all...

basketcase

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Adambomb... you have read a bunch of my posts. Do you see how crazy this has driven me? I can't believe I can't OC this CPU the way I want. I am grasping at straws now, as you can tell.

I thought there was a chance that Clockgen read it correctly and that meant I had some head room for uping the FSB (or HTT).

The other part about the 234 mhz divider, I did read on a forum, but was anable to find anything else on the whole wide internet about it.

Thanks!