GPO for clients not servers

I am planning a network upgrade from a windows nt to a windows 2000 servers
and windows xp clients but i need to remove the recyle bin from all the
clients desktop but not the servers. is the possable.

Daniel

Hi Daniel

This is more a user setting than a machine specific setting. You'd
typically put all the user accounts in an OU, link a GPO to that OU and then
use the policy settings under User Configuration -> Administrative
Templates -> Desktop.

HTH
--
Mark Renoden [MSFT]
Windows Platform Support Team

"Daniel Simmons" <daniel@simmons310.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>I am planning a network upgrade from a windows nt to a windows 2000 servers
>and windows xp clients but i need to remove the recyle bin from all the
>clients desktop but not the servers. is the possable.
>
> Daniel

User Configuration -> Administrative > Templates -> Desktop, their is not a
optin to remove the recyle bin in windows 2000

"Mark Renoden [MSFT]" <markreno@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Daniel
>
> This is more a user setting than a machine specific setting. You'd
> typically put all the user accounts in an OU, link a GPO to that OU and
> then use the policy settings under User Configuration -> Administrative
> Templates -> Desktop.
>
> HTH
> --
> Mark Renoden [MSFT]
> Windows Platform Support Team
> Email: markreno@online.microsoft.com
>
> Please note you'll need to strip ".online" from my email address to email
> me; I'll post a response back to the group.

> rights.
>
> "Daniel Simmons" <daniel@simmons310.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>>I am planning a network upgrade from a windows nt to a windows 2000
>>servers and windows xp clients but i need to remove the recyle bin from
>>all the clients desktop but not the servers. is the possable.
>>
>> Daniel

Hi Daniel

Sorry I was looking at my XP client. Under windows 2000 you could attempt
to identify the registry value that control visibility of the recycle bin
and create a custom administrative template:

323639 HOW TO: Create Custom Administrative Templates in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=323639

Kind regards