Screen Resolution Policy

Is there a way to force a specific screen resolution for a user.

Why - I have a user that does not like the screen resolution that a LCD
resets the video card to, based on what it feels is best. Each day when the
user logs in, they have to change the setting to a lower screen resolution
1074 x 768 from the higher (not sure 1200 something) but in any case, I can't
seem to figure out why the setting keeps changing, and it only happens for
her, if I log in as an admin, the setting stays the same as the last time I
was logged in... really weird. But for her, it resets each night.

So, is there a way to hard code the screen size, so that no matter who logs
on to the machine the resolution is set? Perhaps even with a script.

Thanks

Hi!

I don´t know about a group policy, but you can create a script and use the
res.exe that comes with the resource kit.

Regards

Johan

"Smurfman" <smurfman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to force a specific screen resolution for a user.
>
> Why - I have a user that does not like the screen resolution that a LCD
> resets the video card to, based on what it feels is best. Each day when
> the
> user logs in, they have to change the setting to a lower screen resolution
> 1074 x 768 from the higher (not sure 1200 something) but in any case, I
> can't
> seem to figure out why the setting keeps changing, and it only happens for
> her, if I log in as an admin, the setting stays the same as the last time
> was logged in... really weird. But for her, it resets each night.
>
> So, is there a way to hard code the screen size, so that no matter who
> logs
> on to the machine the resolution is set? Perhaps even with a script.
>
> Thanks

Can I download res.exe? This would be for an XP client.