Problem with Acer Aspire 3620 integrated wireless LAN

Hi,

I bought an Acer Aspire 3620 a couple of days ago. It has integrated wireless LAN. I installed Windows XP Professional SP2. But the wireless LAN was not detected. The device manager shows me that there is an unknown "Network controller". I decided that the problem is that I don't have the driver. I downloaded all lan drivers I found on acer's website. But none of them worked. Than I tried the driver for their Invilink something. Didn't work again. Now actually I don't have wireless LAN.

Anyone experienced something like this and can give some directions?

Thanks in advance.
20 answers Last reply
More about problem acer aspire 3620 integrated wireless
  1. Acer does not provide the right drivers on their site.
    You have to get the Wireless drivers from Intel.com
    if it is a Centrino chip you have, look up Centrino Wireless driver.
    it is probably the 2200BC (BC stands for Broadcom)

    Acer is so stupid, they brand a product put their name on it and don't even know how to support it.

    let me know how it goes
  2. bioata,
    I have a acer aspire 3620 and had no problems in installing the driver..
    its a atheros AR5BMB5...
    it works perfectly fine..
    the file which you download from the site is a AS3620_80211BG have to unzip the file there you will find two files one is BROADCON and other is FOXCONN use the foxconn file and run the setup..
    everything will work out fine..

    digitalpunk
  3. Did you ever solve this problem? I am having exactly the same problem after installing XP Pro. Except I don't even have an "unidentified network controller" in my device manager. Acer support told me the atheros AR5BMB5 drivers that they supply don't work in XP Pro. I'd rather buy a wireless PC card than go back to XP home
  4. I had installed win xp pro sp2 and atheros wireless was working fine as i said i quoted earlier you have to download the file from acer website.. look for the file called AS3620_80211bg.zip unzip and click on the setup.exe in the foxconn file... and you have your drivers installed...

    update me on how it goes!
  5. I did download them file from the site and had their support send it to me to make sure. I'm concerned as to why it doesn't show up in the device manager with a !
    Thanks for the reply.
  6. So everything is working fine its seems...
  7. nope. The wireless adapter has disappeared since I installed XP Pro.
  8. try to check it in the device manager is it there or not witha question mark?
  9. All of the devices in the manager are working properly. It just isn't there anymore. Just the Wired adapter shows up. :)
  10. I just downloaded and installed the driver successfully on Windows XP Pro SP2 for the Atheros ar5bmb5. I installed onto a Toshiba Satellite A100-259 with no issues whatsoever. See my link below.
    http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_3680.html
    regards Chris Bill Computer Engineer A+ N+ WSCSE+ http://www.portland-bill.co.uk
  11. Sorry let me make myself clearer: I just downloaded and installed the driver successfully on Windows XP Pro SP2 for the Atheros ar5bmb5. I installed onto a Toshiba Satellite A100-259 with no issues whatsoever. I used a link on the Acer site below. When you arrive at the site select 'Wireless LAN Driver Atheros V4.2.2.21_Max' from the drop down menu.

    http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_3680.html

    Chris Bill Computer Engineer A+ N+ MCP.
    http://www.portland-bill.co.uk
  12. oudie said:
    Acer does not provide the right drivers on their site.
    You have to get the Wireless drivers from Intel.com
    if it is a Centrino chip you have, look up Centrino Wireless driver.
    it is probably the 2200BC (BC stands for Broadcom)

    Acer is so stupid, they brand a product put their name on it and don't even know how to support it.

    let me know how it goes



    Thank you so much! You have solved my problem on this wireless thing. Rock on!
  13. thanks....it really works... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
  14. Hi, I know this thread is a bit old but here goes...

    I have the same issue with my acre 3680 and purchased this second hand. I have done a fresh install with the correct ACER install cd and loaded vista but my wireless is not detected as a device. I have a AMD sempron processor and have tried loads of different drivers for my atheros AR5BMB5 card with no success.. Any ideas :heink:
  15. BuckinBilly said:
    Sorry let me make myself clearer: I just downloaded and installed the driver successfully on Windows XP Pro SP2 for the Atheros ar5bmb5. I installed onto a Toshiba Satellite A100-259 with no issues whatsoever. I used a link on the Acer site below. When you arrive at the site select 'Wireless LAN Driver Atheros V4.2.2.21_Max' from the drop down menu.

    http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_3680.html

    Chris Bill Computer Engineer A+ N+ MCP.
    http://www.portland-bill.co.uk



    wow mate
    ur idea worked with mz acer aspire 3620
    thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  16. alsagertown said:
    Hi, I know this thread is a bit old but here goes...

    I have the same issue with my acre 3680 and purchased this second hand. I have done a fresh install with the correct ACER install cd and loaded vista but my wireless is not detected as a device. I have a AMD sempron processor and have tried loads of different drivers for my atheros AR5BMB5 card with no success.. Any ideas :heink:



    For what it's worth, I have an Atheros Wireless Card in my Acer Laptop. The model number for the card is AR5BXB63. System would not recognize card. My solution was to go to Atheros's Website and type in the model number of the card. And you should get a list of drivers for the card, based on what OS you are running (mine being Vista). Download the driver to a folder,unpack it, then run your hardware setup to find the driver, and let it do the rest.

    Hey, worked for me.
  17. By the way, Acer's site proved to be a bust, for the right Driver.
  18. BuckinBilly said:
    Sorry let me make myself clearer: I just downloaded and installed the driver successfully on Windows XP Pro SP2 for the Atheros ar5bmb5. I installed onto a Toshiba Satellite A100-259 with no issues whatsoever. I used a link on the Acer site below. When you arrive at the site select 'Wireless LAN Driver Atheros V4.2.2.21_Max' from the drop down menu.

    http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_3680.html

    Chris Bill Computer Engineer A+ N+ MCP.
    http://www.portland-bill.co.uk



    You idea worked with my acer aspire 3620

    thank you!
  19. If anyone need acer E725 Wlan driver then Contact me . I am from Nepal 9842774565 is my phone no .
    100% guarantee wlan driver will be send to you .
  20. If anyone need acer E725 Wlan driver then Contact me . I am from Nepal 9842774565 is my phone no .
    100% guarantee wlan driver will be send to you .
Ask a new question

Read More

Aspire Acer Wireless Lan Wireless Networking