Problem with Acer Aspire 3620 integrated wireless LAN

Boiata

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
Hi,

I bought an Acer Aspire 3620 a couple of days ago. It has integrated wireless LAN. I installed Windows XP Professional SP2. But the wireless LAN was not detected. The device manager shows me that there is an unknown "Network controller". I decided that the problem is that I don't have the driver. I downloaded all lan drivers I found on acer's website. But none of them worked. Than I tried the driver for their Invilink something. Didn't work again. Now actually I don't have wireless LAN.

Anyone experienced something like this and can give some directions?

Thanks in advance.

oudie

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Acer does not provide the right drivers on their site.
You have to get the Wireless drivers from Intel.com
if it is a Centrino chip you have, look up Centrino Wireless driver.
it is probably the 2200BC (BC stands for Broadcom)

Acer is so stupid, they brand a product put their name on it and don't even know how to support it.

let me know how it goes

digitalpunk

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
bioata,
I have a acer aspire 3620 and had no problems in installing the driver..
its a atheros AR5BMB5...
it works perfectly fine..
the file which you download from the site is a AS3620_80211BG have to unzip the file there you will find two files one is BROADCON and other is FOXCONN use the foxconn file and run the setup..
everything will work out fine..

digitalpunk

suprcharg

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006
Did you ever solve this problem? I am having exactly the same problem after installing XP Pro. Except I don't even have an "unidentified network controller" in my device manager. Acer support told me the atheros AR5BMB5 drivers that they supply don't work in XP Pro. I'd rather buy a wireless PC card than go back to XP home

digitalpunk

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
I had installed win xp pro sp2 and atheros wireless was working fine as i said i quoted earlier you have to download the file from acer website.. look for the file called AS3620_80211bg.zip unzip and click on the setup.exe in the foxconn file... and you have your drivers installed...

update me on how it goes!

suprcharg

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006
I did download them file from the site and had their support send it to me to make sure. I'm concerned as to why it doesn't show up in the device manager with a !
Thanks for the reply.

BuckinBilly

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
Sorry let me make myself clearer: I just downloaded and installed the driver successfully on Windows XP Pro SP2 for the Atheros ar5bmb5. I installed onto a Toshiba Satellite A100-259 with no issues whatsoever. I used a link on the Acer site below. When you arrive at the site select 'Wireless LAN Driver Atheros V4.2.2.21_Max' from the drop down menu.

http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_3680.html

Chris Bill Computer Engineer A+ N+ MCP.
http://www.portland-bill.co.uk

adventsammy

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009

Thank you so much! You have solved my problem on this wireless thing. Rock on!

alsagertown

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
Hi, I know this thread is a bit old but here goes...

I have the same issue with my acre 3680 and purchased this second hand. I have done a fresh install with the correct ACER install cd and loaded vista but my wireless is not detected as a device. I have a AMD sempron processor and have tried loads of different drivers for my atheros AR5BMB5 card with no success.. Any ideas :heink:

isamo

Distinguished
May 3, 2011

wow mate
ur idea worked with mz acer aspire 3620
thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

dabbler_03

Distinguished
May 26, 2011

For what it's worth, I have an Atheros Wireless Card in my Acer Laptop. The model number for the card is AR5BXB63. System would not recognize card. My solution was to go to Atheros's Website and type in the model number of the card. And you should get a list of drivers for the card, based on what OS you are running (mine being Vista). Download the driver to a folder,unpack it, then run your hardware setup to find the driver, and let it do the rest.

Hey, worked for me.

G

You idea worked with my acer aspire 3620

thank you!

subediyogesh

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
If anyone need acer E725 Wlan driver then Contact me . I am from Nepal 9842774565 is my phone no .
100% guarantee wlan driver will be send to you .

subediyogesh

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
If anyone need acer E725 Wlan driver then Contact me . I am from Nepal 9842774565 is my phone no .
100% guarantee wlan driver will be send to you .