push out registry key

dylan

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2001

I need to push out a registry key to all of my users. The only 2
places that the key shows up is in HKEY_Current_User and HKEY_Users. I
can't find any way to push out a key in either of these roots using
Group Policy. In the Group Policy editor, I can only use Classes_Root,
Machine, and Users. Users I can't use because obviously the SIDs are
different on each machine. I appreciate any help anyone can give me on
this.

The only places it is possible to have a group policy is in
HKLM\Software\Policies and HKCU\Software\Policies. If you want to change a
registry setting in any other location (as you seem to do) you have to use
ADM files to apply a preference setting. It is quite easy to do but you need
to try and understand the ADM language which takes some getting used to.
Have a read of this link to get you started:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/management/gp/admtgp.mspx

There are also some 3rd party tools that help with ADM creation, eg
http://www.sysprosoft.com/adm_summary.shtml