restricting disjoining domain

All our users are local admins on their own computers, All are either
W2KSP4 or XPPro SP1 or 2 on a native mode W2K domain. Looking throught the
GPMC I didn't see an entry to prevent users from disjoining their computer
from the domain and switching to workgroup mode. Ideally I would like to
restrict this activity to only domain admins. Is it possible to
accomplish this with a GPO or is there perhaps another way?

Thanbks,

Jay
2 answers Last reply
More about restricting disjoining domain

    I might be wrong, but I thought you required domain admin permissions
    to remove a computer from the domain. You got me curious, will check it
    out tomorrow at work !

    Bye
    Bar

    Nope, easy as pie to disjoin as long as you're a local admin. Too easy.

    <barabba72@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I might be wrong, but I thought you required domain admin permissions
    > to remove a computer from the domain. You got me curious, will check it
    > out tomorrow at work !
    >
    > Bye
    > Bar

Policy Domain Microsoft Windows