tools to create admin templates

Are there any tools available to help create admin templates for group
policy?

Id like to be able to create my own with regards to various registry
changes, etc to save having to run a few of them via startup scripts.

im no coder so a pre-built gui for this would be spot on - is there one?

Try this: http://www.sysprosoft.com/adm_summary.shtml

However, you don't need any programming skills at all to write ADM files. I
can't do any but still find writing ADMs easy enough once you get the hang
of the syntax. Think of it as writing a batch file, it's not too hard. Try
reading this to help.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/management/gp/admtgp.mspx

In article <#rzKqwrGFHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>,
simon_geary@hotmail.com says...
> Try this: http://www.sysprosoft.com/adm_summary.shtml
>
> However, you don't need any programming skills at all to write ADM files. I
> can't do any but still find writing ADMs easy enough once you get the hang
> of the syntax. Think of it as writing a batch file, it's not too hard. Try
> reading this to help.
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/management/gp/admtgp.mspx

ok - any idea whats wrong with this one ive been trying to work with
..... im basically trying to put the key:-

\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Kerberos\Parameters

in with DWord value of 65536

When I add it to a test group policy the category shows up, the item is
listed in it, but when I choose properties and then enable or disable it
the value enable or disable doesnt change on the policy itself when I
click apply.

Custom Test Adm File:-
_______________________

CLASS MACHINE

CATEGORY "Custom Adm Files"

Policy "Max Token Size"
KEYNAME "\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
\Kerberos\Parameters"
VALUENAME "MaxTokenSize"
VALUEON "65536"
VALUEOFF "12000"
Explain "When Enabled the MaxTokenSize Key will
change to 65536. Disabled it will
revert to 12000, the current SP4 default"
End Policy

END CATEGORY

TRENDING THREADS