apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Yeah, ive heard of it, way to expensive for what your getting.

ps: Change EVER HEARD OF THIS?! to Ever Heard Of This?, all caps piss people off, alot.

amddiesel

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
they claim "Vigor Monsoon™ II has been tested and guaranteed to reduce the core of CPU temperature by a minimum of 10° Celsius"

LVDAX

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
they claim "Vigor Monsoon™ II has been tested and guaranteed to reduce the core of CPU temperature by a minimum of 10° Celsius"

I doubt it really does, however, even if it were true at that price you might as well get a water cooling system...

-Cheers

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
with that money

1) you can get water cooling
2) you can get any other cooling like the zalman 9700, tuniq tower, scythe ninja rev. b etc

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
with that money

1) you can get water cooling
2) you can get any other cooling like the zalman 9700, tuniq tower, scythe ninja rev. b etc

Or, and that is even more simple, just buy a faster processor and use the stock cooler.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
$150 wont afford even an E6300 :(

but still I dont see a reason to spend $150 on a air-cooling solution. That is a dumb way to spend the money.

hexploit

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007

but still I dont see a reason to spend $150 on a air-cooling solution. That is a dumb way to sped the money.

Well first off it's not an air cooling solution any more than than watercooling is an air cooling solution. The "cooling" is done by thermo electric modules and the fan only aids in the process of removing heat. TEC cooling has been around for awhile and is only now coming into its own as a viable cooling solution that is atleast as effective as air cooling(and quieter) and cheaper then water cooled setups.

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Been around for a while 8)

This baby works like a charm ....thats for all you nay sayers. :lol:

EDIT:Here it is on newegg

I have an e6600 overclocked from 2.4ghz to 3.4ghz (simple overclock, I just built the system so I'm burning it in atm and then later I'll take it further) and it runs 27c idle, 32c load.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006

ps: Change EVER HEARD OF THIS?! to Ever Heard Of This?, all caps piss people off, alot.

Go easy on him/her man, you don't if he/she has his/her left pinkie amputated.

As for the cooler, it's by far the best air-tec cpu cooler.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Been around for a while 8)

This baby works like a charm ....thats for all you nay sayers. :lol:

EDIT:Here it is on newegg

I have an e6600 overclocked from 2.4ghz to 3.4ghz (simple overclock, I just built the system so I'm burning it in atm and then later I'll take it further) and it runs 27c idle, 32c load.

Elf, not everybody has $150 to spend on a cooling solution.

As Taquito says, you can get (in this case, almost the same) perfomance as with a Zalman 9700........ or even the Tuniq Tower for way less price.

I would like to see a pic of ur pc running with this thing :D

stefx

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006

Go easy on him/her man, you don't if he/she has his/her left pinkie amputated.

As for the cooler, it's by far the best air-tec cpu cooler.

I thought the Amanda was the best air-tec cpu cooler?

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
I know not everyone has $150, but if they are looking to help fund a small company with big potential and great products, the Monsoon II is totally the way to go.

I seriously doubt that a T-120 could beat the Monsoon II in cooling, that's just my opinion, DaClan still hasn't started the review on the Monsoon II yet.

As far as a picture...
1vy9.jpg

It's all housed in a crappy temporary chassis until I'm done modding my Kandalf. I refuse to post any pictures of my new machine inside this Chassis.

But believe me...once it's all in the Kandalf, you will get not only see pictures but I'll put a Video on Youtube as well, just like Chuck.

In case you havn't been following my mod progress... check it.

That Kandalf is what's really going to make this rig standout.

But:
Uv reactive grfx card
Uv reactive motherboard
Uv reactive Side panel on the Kandalf
90x90mm Blue led fan on the Monsoon II
120X120mm Blue led Exhaust fan
120x120mm Blue led in the Gamexstream

The build will look bada$$ once it's all in the Kandalf.

Cheers

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
That looks like a pretty nice case but...

you mentioned a Xeon 3060, but in the pic you show a C2D so which one will go in?
you show an armor case as a reference, but you just mentioned a kandalf in your post so my question is, are u sure you want to go for the kandalf? i think the armor is bigger and has better cooling

looks like you have pretty much money to burn, my day will come soon ;)

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
@Slim142
....stop the drinking or smoking man...where have you been? :lol:

I didn't mention a xeon 3060 in these posts... :roll:
I mentioned a Xeon 3060 a loooong a$$ time ago when it was only $10 more than the e6600 (Late November) but I went with the e6600 and I have been typing on it since the 18th of January.

I did not show an Armor case as a reference.... :roll:
The Kandalf is the luxury model of the Armor...they are the same exact size and shape, but the Kandalf has the Front Aluminum bezel and the Blue LED aesthetic Chrome cup to cover the drive bays... the Armor is the stripped down version of the Kandalf. The Kandalf is the basically the luxury model with all the aesthetics. When the bezel is removed (all ~12lbs of it)...it's the same case as the Armor.

TT Armor = Honda Accord
TT Kandalf = Mercedes
...no offense to anyone with an Armor, they are nice cases too.

I have had the Kandalf for over 17months now...that's why I've been giving it a serious overhaul.

Unfortunately I don't have money to burn, I have been saving all my money for a very very long time. Even then I still didn't have enough to purchase my new system when the time came, so I maxed out one of my Credit Cards.

I still am flat broke...and I had to put all my college and textbooks on my other Credit Card.

Now I'm even more broke and now I have taxes to save up for...OH NO 8O

I cannot afford to burn money yet....but someday, I will.

@Chuck

It's just pull, but there are 4 holes on the back to mount another 90mm fan...I'll do that later.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
yeah I smoke so much I black out, and drink so much, I wake up in places I didnt even know I were.

J/K, I didnt know your system config, why would I be snitching all over around to see everybodys system? well now I see.

In my opinion I dont like the Kandalf, Im tired of the doors. No more door cases for me (unless is something really worth it like the P180B) I really like the Armor another reason I dont like the Kandalf, if you want the window, you have to get the one with the 25cm fan and that makes too much noises.

btw, you didnt mention the xeon 3060 here, but in the webpage you gave you did ;)

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006

but still I dont see a reason to spend $150 on a air-cooling solution. That is a dumb way to spend the money.
If he sells his old CPU i´m sure it will be able to get a better CPU. That kind of decision makes most sense if a new computer is planned and a new CPU is to be bought anyway.
If an existing Computer is to be upgraded, i wouldn´t spend 150 $ on that. I´ve read a few reviews about it and they weren´t that good. While i don´t have a watercooling setup, i believe that investing in one would be a better option. Or, and that´s what i would do, a good and cheap air cooling solution (no tec).

RyanMicah

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Wanted to add my two cents on Kandalf and Armor since it was being discussed. I have the Kandalf, and both side panels. I prefer the non-fan one just because the fan seems to disrupt my front to back airflow. Had I been able to afford it, I'd have bought the Tsunami. It has wheels, and is the "Bugatti" of the three. :) Both the Kandalf and the Armor have doors, and I prefer mine without as well. They block airflow and block the bays. I also don't care for the top of the Kandalf, as the little door covering the USB slots is chinsy, and the top vent fan is unable to push air because the holes are too small. The vent itself on top allows noise to come out, with a few big fans going, no heat builds up on top anyway. This case should be redesigned to promote bottom front to top rear airflow. I love TT, but they do need to go back to the drawing board and rework a few of their designs, as they could still improve.

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
I dont like the Kandalf, if you want the window, you have to get the one with the 25cm fan and that makes too much noises.

No, you don't have to get that one. Get the one I have.

I hate the 25cm fan as well.

I also don't care for the top of the Kandalf, as the little door covering the USB slots is chinsy, and the top vent fan is unable to push air because the holes are too small.

Yeah, I removed that in my mod, I hated the cheap plastic. I'm going to cover that area with a sheet of brushed/clearcoated aluminum. It's gona look nice, but you'll just have to wait and see :)

RyanMicah

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
I tried a couple of things, took all the plastic off the top, but my cat liked to lay on my comuter, and cats have a body temp of like 100+ degrees. So I put it back on. I decked my whole case out in blue LED and it glows ok. Mine's a socket 939 X2 4200+ on an A8N32-SLI Deluxe board. I haven't used the SLI yet, maybe someday as DX10 cards come down in price. I bought that CNPS9500 AM2 cooler for my other sock939 system and it didn't fit my case so I might drop it in here. It's green LED which I hope will mix a little with the blue and spit out a bit of teal...although I doubt it. Hmm. If anyone is going green with AM2, lemme know. I'll sell you it on the cheap, brand new never used.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
I dont know why ThermalTake thinks that we need the USB's and Firewires in the top of the case... I removed mines from the Tsunami I have.

Im planning to get a black armor 8004 series, cuz my tsunami is silver and kinda got tired of that color now...

RyanMicah

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
I dont know why ThermalTake thinks that we need the USB's and Firewires in the top of the case... I removed mines from the Tsunami I have.

Im planning to get a black armor 8004 series, cuz my tsunami is silver and kinda got tired of that color now...

Personally, I'd rather just have the USB's on the top edge of my keyboard. The USB's in the top of the case are ok, but they need to be a bit more protected, like in a bit of a cove and aimed sideways maybe. That way you can set stuff on your case and not hit your USB thumb drive and cords. I dunno. They'll figure something out. I wonder why more devices don't use firewire.