Startup Script

I've inserted a batch file in my group policy under Computer
Configuration\Windows Settings\Scripts\StartUp. (I've copied the file to the
startup folder and then added it) If a gpresult is run, this Group Policy
shows up, however the hotfixes that I'm attempting to install through this
script are not being installed. The hotfixes are located on a central file
server (i.e. \\server1\hotfixes\...). Don't understand why they aren't run.

Thanks.

I guess you have problems with security permissions. When your startup
script tries to access a network share, the account of the computer it's
running on is used to authenticate to the server. You should have read
permission assigned to this specific account or to a group it is in (like
Domain Computers).

Alex Kirillov