My clock time keeps altering alarmingly of its own accord. This causes no
end of problems - in fact I'm amazed at how important it seems to be!
I have it set to "synchronize with internet" which it does successfully for
the majority of the time, but then upon reboot, it'll come on at 2165 and
throw everything off. Is there anything I can do?
Thanks.

Hi,

Does it only happen when you reboot? If so, then your BIOS clock setting is
wrong and you need to alter it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Geoff A." <geoffashton@DELETEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> My clock time keeps altering alarmingly of its own accord. This causes no
> end of problems - in fact I'm amazed at how important it seems to be!
> I have it set to "synchronize with internet" which it does successfully
> for the majority of the time, but then upon reboot, it'll come on at 2165
> and throw everything off. Is there anything I can do?
> Thanks.

A time rift which, by definition, is a snarl in the delicate web of time has
centered itself over the UK area. If it’s not taken under control quickly,
it will soon go critical and destroy the UK's most extensive communication
networks, the top 5 largest providers of broadband, and data centres in
London, Leeds, Manchester, Nottingham and Germany. Ultimately, existing
users are the strength of a Network that is responsible for nearly 50% of
demands on network system administration. It is highly advisable that you
replace your Motherboard battery to avert this calamitous situation. :)

--
~john aka: jopa

Geoff A. wrote:
> My clock time keeps altering alarmingly of its own accord. This causes no
> end of problems - in fact I'm amazed at how important it seems to be!
> I have it set to "synchronize with internet" which it does successfully
> for the majority of the time, but then upon reboot, it'll come on at 2165
> and throw everything off. Is there anything I can do?
> Thanks.

graham

"Geoff A." <geoffashton@DELETEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> My clock time keeps altering alarmingly of its own accord. This causes no
> end of problems - in fact I'm amazed at how important it seems to be!
> I have it set to "synchronize with internet" which it does successfully
for
> the majority of the time, but then upon reboot, it'll come on at 2165 and
> throw everything off. Is there anything I can do?
> Thanks.

This is mostly due to a empty/weak Motherboard Battery,
Try replacing it, but be carefull and read your manual on how to keep your
Bios settings.

Geoff A. wrote:
> My clock time keeps altering alarmingly of its own accord. This
> causes no end of problems - in fact I'm amazed at how important it
> seems to be!
> I have it set to "synchronize with internet" which it does
> successfully for the majority of the time, but then upon reboot,
> it'll come on at 2165 and throw everything off. Is there anything I
> can do?
> Thanks.

21:65 eh? And how many minutes are there in an hour on your planet? ;o)
on salads.

The YEAR 2165!!!! not the 24 hour clock time.

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <noone@here.com> wrote in message
> Geoff A. wrote:
>> My clock time keeps altering alarmingly of its own accord. This
>> causes no end of problems - in fact I'm amazed at how important it
>> seems to be!
>> I have it set to "synchronize with internet" which it does
>> successfully for the majority of the time, but then upon reboot,
>> it'll come on at 2165 and throw everything off. Is there anything I
>> can do?
>> Thanks.
>

> 21:65 eh? And how many minutes are there in an hour on your planet? ;o)
> --
> Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
> on salads.

Geoff

Tell us what happened in 2006.. was Longhorn released and how good was it?..
did the Iraqi insurgents win in the end?.. say hi to Capt Kirk for us..
wow.. too much..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> The YEAR 2165!!!! not the 24 hour clock time.
>
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <noone@here.com> wrote in message
>> Geoff A. wrote:
>>> My clock time keeps altering alarmingly of its own accord. This
>>> causes no end of problems - in fact I'm amazed at how important it
>>> seems to be!
>>> I have it set to "synchronize with internet" which it does
>>> successfully for the majority of the time, but then upon reboot,
>>> it'll come on at 2165 and throw everything off. Is there anything I
>>> can do?
>>> Thanks.
>>

>> 21:65 eh? And how many minutes are there in an hour on your planet? ;o)
>> --
>> Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
>> on salads.

Well, it turns out that a really miffed PC user toiled for years and years,
driven by a deep sense of injustice, until he found a way obtaining the
addresses of all newsgroup contributers, then by way of retribution for all
their smart-alec comments, swung by their places of abode and exacted swift
revenge in the form of a jet from a tiny, plastic, yellow water pistol
inserted and fired point blank through the CD compartment of their favourite
toy!
> Geoff
>
> Tell us what happened in 2006.. was Longhorn released and how good was
> it?.. did the Iraqi insurgents win in the end?.. say hi to Capt Kirk for
> us.. wow.. too much..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Geoff A." <geoffashton@DELETEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>> The YEAR 2165!!!! not the 24 hour clock time.
>>
>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <noone@here.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> 21:65 eh? And how many minutes are there in an hour on your planet? ;o)
>>> --
>>> Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
>>> on salads.

Geoff

Are we still going to be stuck with CD drives?.. well hell.. and before you
turn in \to a crazed water pistol toting pc killer, try changing the battery
on the board.. even if it doesn't fix the problem, it will at least delay
any impending attack by a couple of days..

Good luck

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user