Transfering GPO to new server

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a w2k Root Dc that is a PII and i setup a new p4 with windows 2k. I
made this server a dc and all the user accounts looks like they are
replicated over. My next step is to transfer all the FSMO roles over to the
new server. Next i need to know how to move all the GPO's to the new server
where it will be a seamless transition to the users.

If replication is working correctly, the GPO's should already be there. The
only thing I can see you having a problem with would be software
installation policies if you have the source set as the old dc.

HTH

Ken

"Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a w2k Root Dc that is a PII and i setup a new p4 with windows 2k. I
>made this server a dc and all the user accounts looks like they are
>replicated over. My next step is to transfer all the FSMO roles over to the
>new server. Next i need to know how to move all the GPO's to the new server
>where it will be a seamless transition to the users.

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

yes that is my issue i have alot of gpo that are software installations. How
do i fix this so that it points to the new server?

"Ken B" <none@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If replication is working correctly, the GPO's should already be there.
> The only thing I can see you having a problem with would be software
> installation policies if you have the source set as the old dc.
>
> HTH
>
> Ken
>

> "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have a w2k Root Dc that is a PII and i setup a new p4 with windows 2k. I
>>made this server a dc and all the user accounts looks like they are
>>replicated over. My next step is to transfer all the FSMO roles over to
>>the new server. Next i need to know how to move all the GPO's to the new
>>server where it will be a seamless transition to the users.

That's one thing I wish I knew how to do. Seems kinda "unfair" to not be
able to move data here there and everywhere at a drop of my hat.