Bug in computer case

Has anyone ever had a bug of some sort crawl into their computer case?
10 answers Last reply
More about computer case
  1. Like a bug crawls into the computer and you open the computer and you see a bug o.o Possibly damaging equipment
  2. O! I wasn't sure what you were getting at, i.e. a virus or a real bug. I've seen tons of bugs in older computers that I have taken apart, but I don't think that they could do much damage. They'd be fried before they got to anything vital, i.e. anywhere near the chipset, CPU/cooler, etc... Remember PC components run really hot, hot enough to burn us, so I'm pretty sure that even with their armor, a bug couldn't take it either. I wouldn't worry.
  3. buwish said:
    O! I wasn't sure what you were getting at, i.e. a virus or a real bug. I've seen tons of bugs in older computers that I have taken apart, but I don't think that they could do much damage. They'd be fried before they got to anything vital, i.e. anywhere near the chipset, CPU/cooler, etc... Remember PC components run really hot, hot enough to burn us, so I'm pretty sure that even with their armor, a bug couldn't take it either. I wouldn't worry.

And when it hits a spinning fan it's game over
  4. Naaah. If it is a small one, like say a lady bug, it won't hurt anything. It may spread some "guts" around, but for the most part, they're way too small and fragile to mess up a fan.

If you're worried, keep a can of RAID handy;)
  5. I once found a mouse carcass in a tower
  6. WAtch out though bug guts are conductive...
  7. For my computer case, most probably not. I haven't seen any at least. My dad and I however, took apart one of his really old laptops. There were more roach bodies covering the interior surface than you could count. All of them were dead of course.
  8. A few years ago, there was a guy who's PSU got fried because a scorpion (or some thing similar) got caught in the fan and over heated the PSU. I'll see if I can find it.
  9. Anonymous said:
    For my computer case, most probably not. I haven't seen any at least. My dad and I however, took apart one of his really old laptops. There were more roach bodies covering the interior surface than you could count. All of them were dead of course.

Ewwww D:
Ask a new question

Read More

Products Cases Computers Bug