granting access permissions

I am trying to grant access permissions to another user on the network. The
help file leads me to "grant incoming connection access rights toyour
computer" which I click on and get : Open Network Connections - fine, then
click Incoming Connections, _ cannot find this anywhere on that screen.

Anybody any ideas?

Bazil

Gordon

Barry Lucas wrote:
> I am trying to grant access permissions to another user on the network. The
> help file leads me to "grant incoming connection access rights toyour
> computer" which I click on and get : Open Network Connections - fine, then
> click Incoming Connections, _ cannot find this anywhere on that screen.
>
> Anybody any ideas?
>
> Bazil

is this a peer-to-peer network or a domain?

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Gordon,
Its a peer to peer, wireless network.
Bazil
"Gordon" <gordonbp1@yahoo.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> Barry Lucas wrote:
>> I am trying to grant access permissions to another user on the network.
>> The help file leads me to "grant incoming connection access rights toyour
>> computer" which I click on and get : Open Network Connections - fine,
>> then click Incoming Connections, _ cannot find this anywhere on that
>> screen.
>>
>> Anybody any ideas?
>>
>> Bazil
> is this a peer-to-peer network or a domain?
>
> --
> Interim Systems and Management Accounting
> Gordon Burgess-Parker
> Director
> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Gordon

Barry Lucas wrote:
> Gordon,
> Its a peer to peer, wireless network.
> Bazil
> "Gordon" <gordonbp1@yahoo.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
>
>>Barry Lucas wrote:
>>
>>>I am trying to grant access permissions to another user on the network.
>>>The help file leads me to "grant incoming connection access rights toyour
>>>computer" which I click on and get : Open Network Connections - fine,
>>>then click Incoming Connections, _ cannot find this anywhere on that
>>>screen.
>>>
>>>Anybody any ideas?
>>>
>>>Bazil
>>
>>is this a peer-to-peer network or a domain?

have you ensured that the other user has an account set up on your
machine with exactly the same username, exactly the same password and
exactly the same access rights as the user account on their machine?

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Gordon,
Thanks. Cracked it!
Barry
> Barry Lucas wrote:
>> Gordon,
>> Its a peer to peer, wireless network.
>> Bazil
>> "Gordon" <gordonbp1@yahoo.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message

>>>is this a peer-to-peer network or a domain?
>>>
> have you ensured that the other user has an account set up on your machine
> with exactly the same username, exactly the same password and exactly the
> same access rights as the user account on their machine?
>

> --
> Interim Systems and Management Accounting
> Gordon Burgess-Parker
> Director
> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Gordon