Keyboard Problems and Vista

jba6511

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2006
I have Logitech's cordless desktop EX110. When I had Windows Xp installed everything worked fine. However, I made a partition and installed Vista. Now when the boot selection screen pops up, the keyboard and mouse do not work. However, once the OS loads, both work again. Right now I have the receiver plugged into the USB port but have tried with it plugged into the PS2 as well with the same results. Also, all drivers are installed. Is there anything I can do to avoid this problem? Its a real pain to have to use 2 keyboards.

jba6511

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2006
its strange because I can use the wireless keyboard to enter bios setup, but when the boot selection screen loads, it no longer works until the os loads.

jba6511

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2006
So there is nothing that can be done about this? I have plugged in the ps2 into the keyboard as the receiver has a ps2 hookup and a usb hookup, but it does not help. Is this what you mean by a usb to ps2 adapter?

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
I have Logitech's cordless desktop EX110. When I had Windows Xp installed everything worked fine. However, I made a partition and installed Vista. Now when the boot selection screen pops up, the keyboard and mouse do not work. However, once the OS loads, both work again. Right now I have the receiver plugged into the USB port but have tried with it plugged into the PS2 as well with the same results. Also, all drivers are installed. Is there anything I can do to avoid this problem? Its a real pain to have to use 2 keyboards.

I had the same problem. Enable "Legacy USB support" is BIOS and you will be set. I have a cordless Logitech keyboard also.

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
That helps when working in the bios but that support isn't there when you get out of the post and are not yet in the windows/vista enviroment. That point at which your stuck in the boot selection screen and can't do anything without a standard ps2 keyboard.

Well I had the same issue. As soon as I changed that setting in BIOS, the USB keyboard works perfectly in the Boot Manager.