Custom ADM

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

I am setting up a custom adm for the noaddress bar I put the adm in
the ADM folder under the workstatin policy folder on the server. will
the policy create the reg key for this policy on all my desktops?

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

I found out that it will create the key , but what is happing is, I
have the custom adm in the WS Gpo. I have the WS in the OU that has
the policy. I start that WS and logon. the reg key does not get put in
the registry. If I disable and enable the policy and run a gpupdate on
the WS, the key gets put in the registry. Why would cylcing the policy
need to be done to push the policy down to the WS?
On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 07:08:09 -0500, Rick <None@none.com> wrote:

>I am setting up a custom adm for the noaddress bar I put the adm in
>the ADM folder under the workstatin policy folder on the server. will
>the policy create the reg key for this policy on all my desktops?

Because of the fast logon, you may be experiencing that it's not refreshing
the GPO on computer startup as you would like. Hence, it's taking a second
logoff and on. You can change the behavior of policy refreshment and
startination by enabling a policy located in... Computer Config> Admin
Templates> System> Logon> "Always wait for the network at computer startup
and logon" Be mindful that it may add time to the startup and logon, if the
network is detected as "unavailable"

Ken

"Rick" <None@none.com> wrote in message
>I found out that it will create the key , but what is happing is, I
> have the custom adm in the WS Gpo. I have the WS in the OU that has
> the policy. I start that WS and logon. the reg key does not get put in
> the registry. If I disable and enable the policy and run a gpupdate on
> the WS, the key gets put in the registry. Why would cylcing the policy
> need to be done to push the policy down to the WS?
> On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 07:08:09 -0500, Rick <None@none.com> wrote:
>
>>I am setting up a custom adm for the noaddress bar I put the adm in
>>the ADM folder under the workstatin policy folder on the server. will
>>the policy create the reg key for this policy on all my desktops?

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

thanks for the response