Urgently need help!! DS3 Bios flash failed

zhuqing8027

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007
I just got my new 4300 and DS3 today, and I set up everything. The first thing I do was to flash the Bios to the newest version F10 following the instructions in manual. Everything went ok, but after the flash finished and I reboot the machine, I CAN'T ENTER THE BIOS. The screen showed "scan the bios image on hard drive". Gosh, I spent 3 hours to build it, and I cannot do anything now. Can anyone tell me how to get my bios back? I don't want to waste time to RMA the board and wait for the new one, I need to use the machine right now! Any suggestion will be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks!

nila

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2005
Doubt it'd work but have you tried to reset the CMOS?

Also, I'd contact Gigabyte's support as they probably know if there is any way to salvage it - they made the thing after all :p - good luck!

Wow, this is like the 3rd post I have seen in as many days where people are trying to flash a new BIOS revison and ending up with a dead board.

The sad fact is they were all brand new boards, and did not need a BIOS update in the first place.

Here is this guy, spent money and time to put together a new system. Maybe read some posts, some stickys, ask some opinions. Got all the goodies together, and many people say the first thing you should do is update your BIOS.

This is just not the best advice! Unless you are having a problem, and the new BIOS update is specifically written to fix your problem, there is no reason to update it.

And let me repeat that again in a slightly different way. If you are having a problem with your PC, and the new BIOS revision was not specifically written to fix the EXACT problem you are having, updating your BIOS will not help you in anyway shape or form.

Updating your BIOS is a simple 10 second task.
Messing up during an update and ending up with a dead board is also fairly simple, as a few people lately have unfortunately found out the hard way!
The real secret is if you are not 100% absolutely positive that during the flash everything went "perfect", I mean 100% dead nut positive perfect.
DO NOT REBOOT. Re-flash it again and make sure!!
Once you reboot, if it's not right, it's all over. Dead board never to boot again until you obtain a new BIOS chip.

zhuqing8027

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007
I contacted the Gigabyte costumer service, and they have no solution for this problem, told me that I have to send the board back. I guess I will wait several days for the new board coming.

Thanks for the advice, when the new board comes, I will install the system first, and see how it goes.

zhuqing8027

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007
Good luck with the return, hope it gets back to you quickly.

You did try clearing the cmos with the jumper on the board?
That is about all you can do, it that doesn't help, nothing to do but send it back.

Yes, I tried to clear the cmos, but no miracle happened. sigh, a whole night was wasted to build the machine, and another week to wait for the new board coming.