can't a wave file be just a wave file?

April 24, 2005 4:06:53 PM

I'm trying to copy some wav files to be used as ringtones. But every time I
do, the pda seems to convert it to a Note which then gets sync'ed back to
Outlook's Notes. Any way a wave file can be just a wave file?

More about : wave file wave file

Anonymous
April 24, 2005 4:06:54 PM

open active sync options, click on the "rules" tab then hit the button that
says "conversion settings"

There is a "desktop to device" tab and a "device to desktop" tab.

You'll probably get it from there.

"Bill Brehm" <don't want any spam> wrote in message
> I'm trying to copy some wav files to be used as ringtones. But every time
> I do, the pda seems to convert it to a Note which then gets sync'ed back
> to Outlook's Notes. Any way a wave file can be just a wave file?

Anonymous
April 24, 2005 6:07:42 PM

I looked in there and there is no option for wave files. there is also no
way to add new types (that I can find). when i copy a wave file, by dragging
and dropping it into My Device/My Documents, i see that there is no
conversion being done. Never the less, the file ends up as a file in the
directory and also Note in Notes.

"Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> open active sync options, click on the "rules" tab then hit the button
> that says "conversion settings"
>
> There is a "desktop to device" tab and a "device to desktop" tab.
>
> You'll probably get it from there.
>

> "Bill Brehm" <don't want any spam> wrote in message
>> I'm trying to copy some wav files to be used as ringtones. But every time
>> I do, the pda seems to convert it to a Note which then gets sync'ed back
>> to Outlook's Notes. Any way a wave file can be just a wave file?

April 24, 2005 6:07:43 PM

I see what you mean. Try to use a directory above that. I just dropped a
wave in the windows directory on my ppc without the note conversion and
listened to it ok.

I get the same behavior as you mention, when I drop the wave in my docs or a
sub directory of my docs.

>I looked in there and there is no option for wave files. there is also no
>way to add new types (that I can find). when i copy a wave file, by
>dragging and dropping it into My Device/My Documents, i see that there is
>no conversion being done. Never the less, the file ends up as a file in the
>directory and also Note in Notes.
>

> "Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> open active sync options, click on the "rules" tab then hit the button
>> that says "conversion settings"
>>
>> There is a "desktop to device" tab and a "device to desktop" tab.
>>
>> You'll probably get it from there.
>>

>> "Bill Brehm" <don't want any spam> wrote in message
>>> I'm trying to copy some wav files to be used as ringtones. But every
>>> time I do, the pda seems to convert it to a Note which then gets sync'ed
>>> back to Outlook's Notes. Any way a wave file can be just a wave file?

Anonymous
April 24, 2005 7:29:10 PM

That tip did the trick. Thanks.

!