GA-965P-DQ6 (rev. 2.0) or GA-N680SLI-DQ6?

architecture1

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007

5yrMaster

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2007
I donno when but I hope its soon. I'm going to buy one of these boards if the price is under three bills. I do think the board is going to clock over 2250 fsb. I would be very surprised if it didnt. Sounds like it has the most advanced power voltage regulators for the cpu. So it should provide the most stable overclocking results. the quad lan sounds like they just wanted to make another thing they could call quad. So I surely think they shouldn't charge the mass consumer for a useless option(for the norm) that most people will never use. As for the Sata raid that has plagued this chipset, Who really cares. If you dont have atleast a $200 dollar raid card you dont have tru hardware raid anyway. There is a big differance between hardware assisted software raid and hardware raid. Might as well just be using software raid provided by the O.S. My thought is that onboard raid is just an easier way to set up a raid config than using XP. but still the board should do what it sells on its box. We will see if this chipset gets recalled(ya right) for a revision or it will just be plagued with this problem. I'm hoping Gigabyte is the one that gets it right I haven't heard if the Abit board is having the Sata raid problems but i'm assuming it is because of the lack of review. When the board has been in hand for a few weeks now and still no info on this. Lets go Gigabyte im getting old waiting for the GA-N680SLI-DQ6 and aging faster everyday that goes by. 8)