Calling Antec 900 users!

Insania

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2007
I've heard that you need a power supply with pretty long cables if you want your case to look neat, so what supply did you guys use? I'm looking for one in the $50-60 CAD range, but it's gotta have long wires then I guess.

And generally, how do you like the Antec 900? It looks like a great deal to me :D

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
I just got my Corsair 520W so when I hook everything up I will try and take some pictures. Cable management might be pretty bad because I haven't really built a computer before :)

enPhotic

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2006
Here's a couple pics of mine.
I just used ties to hold the 4pin connector to the back of the case, along with the fan controller.
cablemanage.jpg

The PSU is an MSI Turbostream 600watt. When I got this case I had a different mobo though, with the CPU power at the very top of the board. The 4pin reached the top of the motherboard while still using the tie downs to the right. I can't tell you much about the manufacturing quality of the PSU though, I kinda took a chance when I bought it. But dual +12v w/ 22 amps each, 2 80mm's, only cost about $70usd. Haven't had any problems since I bought it in November.

dark.jpg

Overall, I love the case. Great airflow.
Things I don't like... I wish there was a cover for the USB, Firewire and audio ports on the top. A lot of dust and stuff falls into them. And the HDD cages are a little weird.