Share rights to Domain Users

Hi,
How can i give rights to Domain Users for share folders in theirs
workstation? I look for a GPO and trust delegation,but i can't find this.

Thanks in advance.
4 answers Last reply
More about share rights domain users

    They need to be members of the power users group on their workstation which
    will also allow them to install a lot of software however. There domain
    account can be added to the power users group. There is no Group Policy or
    user right that will allow a regular user to create shares. --- Steve

    dd wrote:
    > Hi,
    > How can i give rights to Domain Users for share folders in theirs
    > workstation? I look for a GPO and trust delegation,but i can't find
    > this.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    In addition to Steven's reply:

    1. Why do you have locally stored data?
    2. Why do users need to create shares?
    ..

    Hi again.
    Frist, thanks for our answers.
    I need to give this rights to some domain user accounts because i have
    some problems with large e-mails. Users normaly uses server shares folders to
    share electronic documents, but some documents need to be shared from their
    workstation.

    I revised all GPO and users rights assingment from GPO but i don't found
    anything to resolve this issue.

    dd wrote:
    > Hi again.
    > Frist, thanks for our answers.
    > I need to give this rights to some domain user accounts because i
    > have some problems with large e-mails. Users normaly uses server
    > shares folders to share electronic documents, but some documents need
    > to be shared from their workstation.

    Why? I still don't understand why this is needed - and what it has to do
    with email. I don't like users storing anything on workstations - any client
    of mine has a policy that "anything we find on your desktop's HD may
    disappear without notice".

    > I revised all GPO and users rights assingment from GPO but i
    > don't found anything to resolve this issue.
    >

    > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
    >
    >> dd wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> How can i give rights to Domain Users for share folders in
    >>> theirs workstation? I look for a GPO and trust delegation,but i
    >>> can't find this.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> In addition to Steven's reply:
    >>
    >> 1. Why do you have locally stored data?