Share rights to Domain Users

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
March 5, 2005 2:39:04 PM

Hi,
How can i give rights to Domain Users for share folders in theirs
workstation? I look for a GPO and trust delegation,but i can't find this.

Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 5:02:54 PM

They need to be members of the power users group on their workstation which
will also allow them to install a lot of software however. There domain
account can be added to the power users group. There is no Group Policy or
user right that will allow a regular user to create shares. --- Steve

"dd" <dd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> How can i give rights to Domain Users for share folders in theirs
> workstation? I look for a GPO and trust delegation,but i can't find this.
>
> Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 2:45:13 AM

dd wrote:
> Hi,
> How can i give rights to Domain Users for share folders in theirs
> workstation? I look for a GPO and trust delegation,but i can't find
> this.
>
> Thanks in advance.

In addition to Steven's reply:

1. Why do you have locally stored data?
2. Why do users need to create shares?
..
Related resources
March 6, 2005 4:31:01 PM

Hi again.
Frist, thanks for our answers.
I need to give this rights to some domain user accounts because i have
some problems with large e-mails. Users normaly uses server shares folders to
share electronic documents, but some documents need to be shared from their
workstation.

I revised all GPO and users rights assingment from GPO but i don't found
anything to resolve this issue.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> dd wrote:
> > Hi,
> > How can i give rights to Domain Users for share folders in theirs
> > workstation? I look for a GPO and trust delegation,but i can't find
> > this.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> In addition to Steven's reply:
>
> 1. Why do you have locally stored data?
> 2. Why do users need to create shares?
> ..

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 9:25:01 PM

dd wrote:
> Hi again.
> Frist, thanks for our answers.
> I need to give this rights to some domain user accounts because i
> have some problems with large e-mails. Users normaly uses server
> shares folders to share electronic documents, but some documents need
> to be shared from their workstation.

Why? I still don't understand why this is needed - and what it has to do
with email. I don't like users storing anything on workstations - any client
of mine has a policy that "anything we find on your desktop's HD may
disappear without notice".

!