Applying Mapped Drive

I have a server running on Win2k AS and I have a legacy application running
on it. The application was built using Clipper and for client users on our
LAN to be able to access it, the path to the database files need to be
mapped locally in each of the client pc's. My question then is how would I
set/configure it that the mapping of drive would be done automatically?

Rosello M. Bagundol wrote:
> I have a server running on Win2k AS and I have a legacy application
> running on it. The application was built using Clipper and for client
> users on our LAN to be able to access it, the path to the database
> files need to be mapped locally in each of the client pc's. My
> question then is how would I set/configure it that the mapping of
> drive would be done automatically?

Are you on a domain? If so, use a login script.

I'm on the domain.Thank for replying. Any good sites where I could get
sample scripts?

Rosello M. Bagundol wrote:
> I'm on the domain.Thank for replying. Any good sites where I could get
> sample scripts?

I don't know - but here's what I use:
-----------------------
net use * /del

net use h: /home /persistent:no <note that this means you have to have a
homedir path defined in each user's ADUC properties>
net use x: \\server\share /persistent:no
net use y: \\server\anothershare /persistent:no
net use z: \\totallydiferentserver\share /persistent:no

etc.

I'm not good with VB Script and all that---I use simple batch files--- "copy
thisfile.exe c:\here\whatever"

Just a suggestion if you're good with that sorta thing

Ken

"Rosello M. Bagundol" <algernon24@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm on the domain.Thank for replying. Any good sites where I could get
> sample scripts?

net use seems to work.... now i have to make a batch file for the script...
tnx.....

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> Rosello M. Bagundol wrote:
> > I'm on the domain.Thank for replying. Any good sites where I could get
> > sample scripts?
>
> I don't know - but here's what I use:
> -----------------------
> net use * /del
>
> net use h: /home /persistent:no <note that this means you have to have a
> homedir path defined in each user's ADUC properties>
> net use x: \\server\share /persistent:no
> net use y: \\server\anothershare /persistent:no
> net use z: \\totallydiferentserver\share /persistent:no
>
> etc.

I made a batch file and put it in the folder under .../sysvol/scripts/ ....
and assigned a user the script file.. but it's not working... anything u can
suggest is very much welcome...

The way I do it is by modifying the user properties under the Profile tab,
select "Logon script" and type the name of the batch file. I put the batch
file in \\dc\netlogon

HTH

>I made a batch file and put it in the folder under .../sysvol/scripts/ ....
> and assigned a user the script file.. but it's not working... anything u
> can
> suggest is very much welcome...

On the Logon Script's "Logon Properties" (in Group Policy Editor), click the
"Show Files" button.

Copy the batch file into the folder that opens. Each Group Policy has its
own User\Scripts\Logon folder for the files neede by the Logon Script.

Add the batch file's name so it shows under the Name column in the "Logon
Properties" page without any path.

--
Bruce Sanderson MVP Printing
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders