patch

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001

I just installed XP Pro and every time I start it, I have to enter my
password to continue. How can I get rid of this? I'm the only person that
uses this computer, so I don't need this much security.

Thanks

In news:%23tyh7qFFFHA.2756@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Patch <bob_acord@hotmail.com> typed:

> I just installed XP Pro and every time I start it, I have to
> enter my
> password to continue. How can I get rid of this? I'm the only
> person
> that uses this computer, so I don't need this much security.

Start | Run, type "control userpasswords2" Start | Run, type
"control userpasswords2" Select the account you want to logon to
automatically. Then uncheck the box "Users must enter a user name
and password to use this computer."

Or do the same thing with TweakUI.

Please reply to the newsgroup

patch

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001

> In news:%23tyh7qFFFHA.2756@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
> Patch <bob_acord@hotmail.com> typed:
>
> > I just installed XP Pro and every time I start it, I have to
> > enter my
> > password to continue. How can I get rid of this? I'm the only
> > person
> > that uses this computer, so I don't need this much security.
>

> Start | Run, type "control userpasswords2" Start | Run, type
> "control userpasswords2" Select the account you want to logon to
> automatically. Then uncheck the box "Users must enter a user name
> and password to use this computer."
>

> Or do the same thing with TweakUI.

> Please reply to the newsgroup

Thanks a million Ken.

In news:%23iG4bkHFFHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Patch <bob_acord@hotmail.com> typed:

>> In news:%23tyh7qFFFHA.2756@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
>> Patch <bob_acord@hotmail.com> typed:
>>
>>> I just installed XP Pro and every time I start it, I have to
>>> enter my
>>> password to continue. How can I get rid of this? I'm the only
>>> person
>>> that uses this computer, so I don't need this much security.
>>

>> Start | Run, type "control userpasswords2" Start | Run, type
>> "control userpasswords2" Select the account you want to logon
>> automatically. Then uncheck the box "Users must enter a user
>> name
>> and password to use this computer."
>>

>> Or do the same thing with TweakUI.
>>

>> --