Abit Aw9D-MAX Mobo - Need help - Ram issue

Beece

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
Hi,

I have the Abit Aw9D-MAX mobo and I made the mistake of buying kingston HyperX 900 Mhz RAM to go in it. Which wont work at stock speeds with 2x 1GB loaded, it will with one. I thought one module was bad so I took my system back to the store and they are giving me the run around that the HyperX is not compatable with the AW9D-Max mobo.

The place I bought the RAM from only has Kingston ValueRam 800 Mhz available. My intention was to OC to around 3.4 - 3.6 Ghz with E6600.

Will Kingston ValueRam be good enough ? Or should I just say screw it, and go elsewhere for some Corsair Twinx.

BUFF

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2003
Hi,

I have the Abit Aw9D-MAX mobo and I made the mistake of buying kingston HyperX 900 Mhz RAM to go in it. Which wont work at stock speeds with 2x 1GB loaded, it will with one.
Have you increased the memory voltage?
Most high speed RAM won't run at it's rated settings without 2.0V or more whereas the Jedec spec. that the BIOS sets is 1.8V.

Beece

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
No, I never tried increasing voltage yet.

The board would not post at all with both modules in.

Tested with one chip, it past post and worked fine

I tried with the other chip in single mode and would not post at all which is why i thought the chip was bad. The guy at the store said confirmed that the one chip was bad, but then we tried a new set and none of them worked.

Out of the 4 modules they had, among the packages, only one worked in my board allowing it to post. At that point I figured the Mobo to be bad so I left them the whole system to RMA it.

They later call me to tell me that they think its a compability issue and that dont support abit..

The store is a 2 hour drive for me and I drive a big gas guzzling truck so I am not too eager to go back to get the system till I have a good idea what to do to resolve my problem.

TRENDING THREADS