Slow links

Hello,

We have sites connected through a relatively slow WAN. I had some trouble
with roaming users, so I modified some registry settings so that slows links
are not discovered.
Now, I seem to have a similar problem with GPOs : I had one which forced the
proxy settings in IE, and it is only applied to the best linked sites. I
sqearch the Technet, and I understood that these kinds of parameters were
ALWAYS applied, regardless of the speed of the link.

Can somebody help me, please ?

There are Group Policy settings that you can modify for slow link detection.
If the link is so slow that the user is logging on with cached credentials
then the startup/logon Group Policy will not be applied at all. As far as IE
maintenance settings you may also want to modify Group Policy so that those
settings are reapplied at each Group Policy refresh even though there has
not been a change to the Group Policy. See the first link below for more on
that. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316702
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B227260 --- slow
link detection.