Remove SID/User from a local Group Policy

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
March 9, 2005 2:13:41 PM

(My applogies...this was posted to W2k.security before I realized this
group existed)

I am simply trying to remove some old SIDs from the "Log on as a
Service" policy. I'm using the Group Policy editor on a W2k SP4
machine. When I Right click on the policy and choose "Security...", I
am presented with an "Add" button but no "Remove" button.

I'm Logged into the machine as a Domain Admin. I have also checked
that there is no overiding GPO at the Domain level. Is there a way to
remove these SIDs?

Thanks in advance.
-Justin
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 10, 2005 10:48:40 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

What would happy if you clicked on the SID you wanted to remove, and hit ALT
R? (The hot-key combo for Remove).

HTH

Ken

"Justin" <j.searles@verizon.net> wrote in message
> (My applogies...this was posted to W2k.security before I realized this
> group existed)
>
> I am simply trying to remove some old SIDs from the "Log on as a
> Service" policy. I'm using the Group Policy editor on a W2k SP4
> machine. When I Right click on the policy and choose "Security...", I
> am presented with an "Add" button but no "Remove" button.
>
> I'm Logged into the machine as a Domain Admin. I have also checked
> that there is no overiding GPO at the Domain level. Is there a way to
> remove these SIDs?
>

> Thanks in advance.
> -Justin

March 10, 2005 4:18:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

No dice...So you're saying there really should be a "Remove" button
there huh?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 14, 2005 5:43:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

In using gpmc on my computer, I navigate down to Computer Config> Windows
Settings> Security Settings> Local Policies> User Rights Assignments> Log on
as a service... if I check the checkbox, I can add members from my domain.
I also see a remove button there too.

Which version of server are you admining? I'm on a 2000 domain.

!