Remove SID/User from a local Group Policy

(My applogies...this was posted to W2k.security before I realized this
group existed)

I am simply trying to remove some old SIDs from the "Log on as a
Service" policy. I'm using the Group Policy editor on a W2k SP4
machine. When I Right click on the policy and choose "Security...", I
am presented with an "Add" button but no "Remove" button.

I'm Logged into the machine as a Domain Admin. I have also checked
that there is no overiding GPO at the Domain level. Is there a way to
remove these SIDs?

Thanks in advance.
-Justin
3 answers Last reply
More about remove user local group policy
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

    What would happy if you clicked on the SID you wanted to remove, and hit ALT
    R? (The hot-key combo for Remove).

    HTH

    Ken

    "Justin" <j.searles@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > (My applogies...this was posted to W2k.security before I realized this
    > group existed)
    >
    > I am simply trying to remove some old SIDs from the "Log on as a
    > Service" policy. I'm using the Group Policy editor on a W2k SP4
    > machine. When I Right click on the policy and choose "Security...", I
    > am presented with an "Add" button but no "Remove" button.
    >
    > I'm Logged into the machine as a Domain Admin. I have also checked
    > that there is no overiding GPO at the Domain level. Is there a way to
    > remove these SIDs?
    >

    > Thanks in advance.
    > -Justin

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

    No dice...So you're saying there really should be a "Remove" button
    there huh?
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

    In using gpmc on my computer, I navigate down to Computer Config> Windows
    Settings> Security Settings> Local Policies> User Rights Assignments> Log on
    as a service... if I check the checkbox, I can add members from my domain.
    I also see a remove button there too.

    Which version of server are you admining? I'm on a 2000 domain.

    > No dice...So you're saying there really should be a "Remove" button
    > there huh?

Policy Security Windows