Managing Local Machine Admins Group

How would one go about managing (i.e. adding/removing users or groups) the
local machine admins groups on WinXP Pro systems connected to a domain? Can
this be done with Group Policy directly? If so, can someone point me in the
right direction? I was planning on writing a script and placing it in the
scripts/startup portion of a machine GPO. If there is an easier way I would
rather go that route.

Thanks in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about managing local machine admins group

    You need the Restricted Groups setting in Group Policy, it will do exactly
    what you need. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/228496

    See also http://support.microsoft.com/?id=810076

    --
    Bruce Sanderson MVP Printing
    http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders

    "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How would one go about managing (i.e. adding/removing users or groups) the
    > local machine admins groups on WinXP Pro systems connected to a domain?
    > Can
    > this be done with Group Policy directly? If so, can someone point me in
    > the
    > right direction? I was planning on writing a script and placing it in the
    > scripts/startup portion of a machine GPO. If there is an easier way I
    > would
    > rather go that route.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

Policy Microsoft Windows