Managing Local Machine Admins Group

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
March 10, 2005 7:51:04 PM

How would one go about managing (i.e. adding/removing users or groups) the
local machine admins groups on WinXP Pro systems connected to a domain? Can
this be done with Group Policy directly? If so, can someone point me in the
right direction? I was planning on writing a script and placing it in the
scripts/startup portion of a machine GPO. If there is an easier way I would
rather go that route.

Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 11:59:13 AM

You need the Restricted Groups setting in Group Policy, it will do exactly
what you need. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/228496

"Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How would one go about managing (i.e. adding/removing users or groups) the
> local machine admins groups on WinXP Pro systems connected to a domain?
> Can
> this be done with Group Policy directly? If so, can someone point me in
> the
> right direction? I was planning on writing a script and placing it in the
> scripts/startup portion of a machine GPO. If there is an easier way I
> would
> rather go that route.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Anonymous