Internet Problems

Theangryurchin

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
Everytime that i play Wow my internet goes out, pretty much only when i'm on wow after about 15 mins i get disconnected.
then i have to reset my modem. and it comes back. Rinse and repeat.

the only thing i can think of is that wow uses more bandwith than anything else.

Corksil

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
I know that Roadrunner (my ISP) was collecting modems from people and giving them a "newer and better one" that did the sort of thing you are talking about. I told them to go to hell when they told me to bring in my modem and they let me keep my old one ;). Is your modem in a well ventilated area? Make sure it is, maybe even going as far as setting it on a ceramic tile if it is sitting on the carpet. My friend had his modem under the desk, and one day it litterally went up in smoke. He looked, and it was smoking and the carpet was black around it. Roadrunner showed up and reprimanded him and told him he needed to be more careful before they gave him a new modem.

Whether your modem overheating has anything to do with getting your game dropped, I couldn't say, but I recommend you get it in a well ventilated place for starters.

ATLANT3AN

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
What Corksil says is correct procedure for this, Is this happening when you play any other games or do anything else which takes up alot of bandwidth? This only happens with WOW?

I am assuming WOW is the most bandwidth intense application you run/play?

ATLANT3AN :)

In other news...

My router overheats alot, I have to switch it off sometimes for a half hour or so but luckily it only happens if I leave it on for 24 hours plus which isnt exactly how a Router is supposed to act, I think I myself shall be returning it.

Latest posts