Software Restrictions and Groups

Hello..

Certain members in our Finance department needs to run a particular program
that requires local admin privileges.

Is there someway that I can just lock down the admin privileges just for the
program?

Thanx,
Buggin`

Not sure what you mean. Programs typically run under the context of a user
account or the local system context. This is not really configurable.
When it runs under the user context, it is only granted the access level on
the box the user has rights to.

I suggest you contact the vendor of the application and push for an update
or version that does not require admin level permissions to run the program.
Alternatively you could ask the vendor what directories and/or registry
branches the user needs write access to.
Last and least desired approach is to use filemon and regmon from
www.sysinternals.com to find out where the access denieds are coming from
and open up those directories and registry keys as appropriate.

otherwise, you are stuck putting the user in the local admin group.

--
Glenn L
CCNA, MCSE 2000/2003 + Security