Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Things I Hate

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 10:00:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

I hate it when I'm fighting something that the mouse-over lists at "Near
Death", I score a critical hit, and it keeps fighting. :) 
--
My NWN Work So Far: http://tinyurl.com/6xy2f
"Pits of red smoke and fog are usually bad."
- Tip from Doom3 Manual

More about : things hate

Anonymous
November 15, 2004 7:19:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

> I hate it when I'm fighting something that the mouse-over lists at "Near
> Death", I score a critical hit, and it keeps fighting. :) 

Not very difficult to reproduce... AFAIK the mouse-over health status is
calculated by percentage. So a big bad boss could have more than 100 hp left
and still ranked as Near Death.
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 7:19:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

KC Wong wrote:
>>I hate it when I'm fighting something that the mouse-over lists at "Near
>>Death", I score a critical hit, and it keeps fighting. :) 
>
>
> Not very difficult to reproduce... AFAIK the mouse-over health status is
> calculated by percentage. So a big bad boss could have more than 100 hp left
> and still ranked as Near Death.

I was being facetious.
--
My NWN Work So Far: http://tinyurl.com/6xy2f
"Pits of red smoke and fog are usually bad."
- Tip from Doom3 Manual
Related resources
November 17, 2004 2:50:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

That's a great plan for those of you who can carry eighty thousand beetle
hearts - I often play a sorceress, and she's not going to be able to pack
around thirty beetle hearts unless she has some damn fine magic bags.

I've never thought it was worth the effort to clean the bags up. What bugs
me, though, is that sometimes you'll fight something ELSE in with the
beetles, and you want to find that that thing dropped...but it's lost
amongst the half billion useless beetle hearts.

The beetles themselves aren't much worth it....though it's REALLY funny to
cast fireball and watch/listen as twenty beetles all flip over and die at
once. Who says a sorceress can't outstripe familiars, summons, and henchmen?
:3

-[Blayde]-

> You should kill lots of respawning beetles and sell the hearts at 1 gp a
> time - you'd be surprised how quickly it mounts up ;) 
>
> Colin E
>
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 4:24:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

"mindseye" <mindseye@u.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<cnga1g$kvt$1@gnus01.u.washington.edu>...
> I've never thought it was worth the effort to clean the bags up. What bugs
> me, though, is that sometimes you'll fight something ELSE in with the
> beetles, and you want to find that that thing dropped...but it's lost
> amongst the half billion useless beetle hearts.

Right - ditto with Slaads. Yech, can't imagine carrying around Slaad
tongues by the scores, but you kinda don't want to miss anything
good...

> The beetles themselves aren't much worth it....though it's REALLY funny to
> cast fireball and watch/listen as twenty beetles all flip over and die at
> once. Who says a sorceress can't outstripe familiars, summons, and henchmen?
> :3

When I play a fighter, and have spare feats, Great Cleave is great for
quickly wiping out a bunch of spuds.

PS, I forgot to say how much I hate having to put a CD in to play a
game that I bought, when I have an extra hundred gb of empty disk
space (using No CD crack currently for HotU)
November 18, 2004 4:51:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

Lucky bastard. I've never been able to find a no-CD crack that worked for
me.

Cleave (and its various forms) in general has to be one of the most useful
things I've ever picked up while playing a fighter. It's a must-have
especially when I'm just starting out. Unless I'm going to pick up a scythe
as my weapon (which requires that I take exotic weapons), my first feats are
always power attack, then cleave.

Horray for free hits to new targets!

-[ Blayde ]-

> When I play a fighter, and have spare feats, Great Cleave is great for
> quickly wiping out a bunch of spuds.
>
> PS, I forgot to say how much I hate having to put a CD in to play a
> game that I bought, when I have an extra hundred gb of empty disk
> space (using No CD crack currently for HotU)
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 7:43:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

"mindseye" <mindseye@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
news:cnj5hr$mki$1@gnus01.u.washington.edu...
> Lucky bastard. I've never been able to find a no-CD crack that worked for
> me.

www.gamecopyworld.com


P
November 18, 2004 9:07:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

Tried that. I'm not sure if I got a bad file or if my old computer just
hated me, but it didn't work, and I had to end up reinstalling NWN (though I
had the foresight to preserve my save files, I think).

Haven't tried it on my new computer yet...just haven't bothered. It's fast
enough that having to have the CD in there doesn't bother me much.

-[ Blayde ]-

> www.gamecopyworld.com
>
>
> P
>
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 2:50:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

"mindseye" <mindseye@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
news:cnjkgv$1u8$1@gnus01.u.washington.edu...
> Tried that. I'm not sure if I got a bad file or if my old computer just
> hated me, but it didn't work, and I had to end up reinstalling NWN (though
> I had the foresight to preserve my save files, I think).
>
> Haven't tried it on my new computer yet...just haven't bothered. It's fast
> enough that having to have the CD in there doesn't bother me much.
>

You have to have the correct file for the game version you're using. That's
where most people have problems. It's also a good idea to rename your
original nwn.exe file before copying the NoCD file to your game directory.


P
Anonymous
November 20, 2004 1:29:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 07:00:05 +0000, everlast wrote:

> I hate it when....

I start killing everything with ease, start feeling uber and cocky, then WHAMM!! HUH?? oh
right, I am only a lvl (hello!) 11!!!
Anonymous
November 22, 2004 11:00:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

"gobadaba" <gabadaba@sehag.com> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.11.20.15.29.01.495416@sehag.com>...
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 07:00:05 +0000, everlast wrote:
>
> > I hate it when....
>
> I start killing everything with ease, start feeling uber and cocky, then WHAMM!! HUH?? oh
> right, I am only a lvl (hello!) 11!!!

LOL, first time I ran into water elementals :-)

Easy, right? Then - failed a fortitude save - whammo, instant death!
Anonymous
November 22, 2004 10:34:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

Spiders ...

"everlast" <everlast@jmjservices.com> wrote in message
news:VtYld.149540$5v2.101452@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
> I hate it when I'm fighting something that the mouse-over lists at "Near
> Death", I score a critical hit, and it keeps fighting. :) 
> --
> My NWN Work So Far: http://tinyurl.com/6xy2f
> "Pits of red smoke and fog are usually bad."
> - Tip from Doom3 Manual
>
Anonymous
November 23, 2004 3:53:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

Maxon wrote:

> Spiders ...
>
> "everlast" <everlast@jmjservices.com> wrote in message
> news:VtYld.149540$5v2.101452@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
>
>>I hate it when I'm fighting something that the mouse-over lists at "Near
>>Death", I score a critical hit, and it keeps fighting. :) 
>>--
>>My NWN Work So Far: http://tinyurl.com/6xy2f
>>"Pits of red smoke and fog are usually bad."
>>- Tip from Doom3 Manual
>>
>
>
>
me too.. always spiders in game.. hate 'em... hate 'EM... HATE 'EM !
*shivers*
November 23, 2004 3:53:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

I hate spiders in general...nasty, nasty creatures.

I often play a sorceress, right? So, I level up, was doing pure sorcerer, so
I take my level, pick some spells...and I hadn't HAD a summon yet, so I
figured it was about time...took the biggest summon I could, the other
spells offered, hit okay, didn't check WHAT MY SUMMON WAS.

Fast forward to just inside chapter two, in the bugbear/goblin/orc caves.
Henchwoman's not doing bad, but she needs some help keeping crowds away from
me long enough for me to cast buttkickers. "Hmmm...I guess I'll summon....A
SPIDER??? Oh, god no....". Gotta hand it to Bioware, though. Even the noises
are very icky and spiderish.

It's really funny to me that I go to rescue the farmer's wife, and she's so
happy to see me. I dunno about you, but if a crazy sorceress, an
overly-cheerful priestess, a big black panther, and a spider big enough to
EAT said panther came to get me out of my cell, I'd stay put.

-[ Blayde ]-

> me too.. always spiders in game.. hate 'em... hate 'EM... HATE 'EM !
> *shivers*
>
Anonymous
November 23, 2004 7:23:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

mindseye wrote:

> It's really funny to me that I go to rescue the farmer's wife, and she's so
> happy to see me. I dunno about you, but if a crazy sorceress, an
> overly-cheerful priestess, a big black panther, and a spider big enough to
> EAT said panther came to get me out of my cell, I'd stay put.

*stands outside the cell and calls*

"If you don't come out, I'm going to have to send the spider in after you!"
Anonymous
November 23, 2004 2:45:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

> It's really funny to me that I go to rescue the farmer's wife, and she's
so
> happy to see me. I dunno about you, but if a crazy sorceress, an
> overly-cheerful priestess, a big black panther, and a spider big enough to
> EAT said panther came to get me out of my cell, I'd stay put.

A crazy sorceress with a big black panther... a Chaotic Neutral
Druid/Sorceror?
November 23, 2004 2:45:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

Nah-uh. Pure sorceress, chaotic good. Panther familiar. Panther's the only
one that works for me...it's strong and durable enough to back me up
reasonably well, and while it can't disarm or unlock, it IS quite good at
spotting traps...and after just a little while, you have spells to disarm
and unlock anyway.

-[ Blayde ]-

"KC Wong" <my@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:30fq36F30fet1U1@uni-berlin.de...
>> It's really funny to me that I go to rescue the farmer's wife, and she's
> so
>> happy to see me. I dunno about you, but if a crazy sorceress, an
>> overly-cheerful priestess, a big black panther, and a spider big enough
>> to
>> EAT said panther came to get me out of my cell, I'd stay put.
>
> A crazy sorceress with a big black panther... a Chaotic Neutral
> Druid/Sorceror?
>
>
November 23, 2004 7:05:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

Hee hee. Yeah, THAT would get them out of there pretty fast, wouldn't it?

-[ Blayde ]-

"Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:o Wyod.21264$zx1.12024@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
> mindseye wrote:
>
>> It's really funny to me that I go to rescue the farmer's wife, and she's
>> so happy to see me. I dunno about you, but if a crazy sorceress, an
>> overly-cheerful priestess, a big black panther, and a spider big enough
>> to EAT said panther came to get me out of my cell, I'd stay put.
>
> *stands outside the cell and calls*
>
> "If you don't come out, I'm going to have to send the spider in after
> you!"
November 29, 2004 4:29:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

> Also, why are there chests/barrels right outside poor farmers houses with
> loads of value (gp or items)? If I left a barrel outside my house with a
> couple hundred gp in it the locals would definately sniff it out and knick
> it - and they aren't honourable adventuring sorts, just car-burning
> thieves, muggers, glue-sniffers and granny-bashers. (One old lady - 85
> years old - was mugged and badly beaten in the UK last week for a single
> loaf of bread).
> CS

I dunno about 'honorable adventuring'...I tend to jack everything that's
jackable, unless it's minor or way out of my way. Horray for putting the
'chaotic' back in 'chaotic good'!

The whole treasure-chest/barrel/box thing did always make me curious,
though. Perhaps some of the creatures of the land are obsessive/compulsive?

"I MUST put 10 gold in each of these twenty barrels before I go to sleep...I
MUST put 10 gold in each of these twenty barrels before I go to sleep...."

-[ Blayde ]-
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 1:50:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

"mindseye" <mindseye@u.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<coeq4s$v8i$1@gnus01.u.washington.edu>...
> The whole treasure-chest/barrel/box thing did always make me curious,
> though. Perhaps some of the creatures of the land are obsessive/compulsive?
>
> "I MUST put 10 gold in each of these twenty barrels before I go to sleep...I
> MUST put 10 gold in each of these twenty barrels before I go to sleep...."
>
> -[ Blayde ]-

Heh! Reminds me of the Generika comic on the BioWare site - "Let's go
adventuring down in the city of Neverwinter! I hear it's so rich,
that you can find gold in barrels on the street!"

More things I hate :-)

Magic Bags/Bags of holding - cuz they're 5 boxes high - just short of
what you need to stack two suits of armor on top of each other - and
you can't turn your stuff sideways to make it fit!
Anonymous
November 30, 2004 2:20:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

Anonymous Jack wrote:
> "mindseye" <mindseye@u.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<coeq4s$v8i$1@gnus01.u.washington.edu>...
>
>>The whole treasure-chest/barrel/box thing did always make me curious,
>>though. Perhaps some of the creatures of the land are obsessive/compulsive?
>>
>>"I MUST put 10 gold in each of these twenty barrels before I go to sleep...I
>>MUST put 10 gold in each of these twenty barrels before I go to sleep...."
>>
>>-[ Blayde ]-
>
>
> Heh! Reminds me of the Generika comic on the BioWare site - "Let's go
> adventuring down in the city of Neverwinter! I hear it's so rich,
> that you can find gold in barrels on the street!"
>
> More things I hate :-)
>
> Magic Bags/Bags of holding - cuz they're 5 boxes high - just short of
> what you need to stack two suits of armor on top of each other - and
> you can't turn your stuff sideways to make it fit!

Bloody good point about the bags/boxes of holding. Still, as my Mrs
would say "it's only a freakin' game, if you want reality come to bed now".
Women ?!?
CS

--

Take the piss to mail me.
(For those that want to know who the
Central Scrutinizer is, check out
Joe's Garage by Frank Zappa)
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 11:13:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

(--- Multi-Player ---)

Whap!
Troll -- 4 xp's

LVL'D AT LAST !!!

Hum... this seems like a safe spot.. ok..
OPEN MENU
Wiz.. check
Skills? .. Ok, 1 SCraf and 1 concentration ...save the rest
Feats? Great!! OK let's see ... here umm ,extended now or empowerd or.. WHAT
THE?!?!?
=======
RESPAWN
EXIT GAME
=======

Where DID that Orc come from?!?

ARGGGGGGG!!!
!