Question on Hitachi sets ?

Last response: in Home Theatre
June 4, 2004 5:00:15 PM

Is the Hitachi 46F500 the same set as the 46W500 with the builtin
DVD ? I wanted to buy the 46W500 , at Sears,but they only have the
46F500 without the DVD........Al Calif.

More about : question hitachi sets

Anonymous
June 5, 2004 1:24:42 AM

I think so. I own the 46F500 and am very happy with it. Frankly I would
rather buy my own DVD player to be sure that I got the best that I could
afford, and could upgrade it at some point in the future.

JK

"Al Hill" <happycamper2@webtv.net> wrote in message
> Is the Hitachi 46F500 the same set as the 46W500 with the builtin
> DVD ? I wanted to buy the 46W500 , at Sears,but they only have the
> 46F500 without the DVD........Al Calif.

Anonymous
June 5, 2004 6:41:54 PM

No difference in the core technology (lens and CRT system), the only
difference is the DVD player addition on the 46W500 and a different
universal remote. I believe the anti-glare screen is also a bit better
on the W, but none of them work all that great so it's really not a
big deal.

-James

!