Scripts and GPOs won't run on some computers

Hi,

Our company has a problem with scripts and GPOs that won't run on 20-30
computers (60 computers do not have this problem). All computers run WinXP
SP2.

If you startup an affected computer scripts and GPO do not run, but if you
then login/logout (without restarting) they get GPOs/Scripts.

Anyone have a solution? I've tried the MS-tip when you create the
GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue and increase the value for wait time before
running GPO.

Thanks in advance

I don't know if this will help but you might want to disable fast logon
optimization and logging on with cached credentials on a couple of those
computers to see if it makes a difference. You can disable cached logons in
Local Security Policy under security settings/local policies/security options -
number of previous logons to cache and set it to zero. Also look in the Event
Viewer of those computers for any pertinent errors, verify their dns
configuration is correct, and use the support tool netdiag to test them for dns
name resolution, network connectivity, and secure channel. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B291382 --- verify
that your dns is correct.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321708 -- netdiag and
how to install support tools.

"MED" <info@englund-it.se> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Our company has a problem with scripts and GPOs that won't run on 20-30
> computers (60 computers do not have this problem). All computers run WinXP
> SP2.
>
> If you startup an affected computer scripts and GPO do not run, but if you
> then login/logout (without restarting) they get GPOs/Scripts.
>
> Anyone have a solution? I've tried the MS-tip when you create the
> GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue and increase the value for wait time before
> running GPO.
>
> Thanks in advance

Thank you very much. I disabled fast logon and now GPOs run every time.
Maybe not the solution I hoped for but it's great to have this option when
nothing else works.