software restriction setting not available

I have win2000 server sp4. I want to use a GPO to set up Software
Restreiction policies for my XP clients.
The setting is simply not there in User Config\Windows Settings\Security
Settings (or in Computer Config)

How can I get it then?

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 04:07:03 -0800, Fabrussio <Fabrussio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have win2000 server sp4. I want to use a GPO to set up Software
>Restreiction policies for my XP clients.
>The setting is simply not there in User Config\Windows Settings\Security
>Settings (or in Computer Config)
>
>How can I get it then?

See tip 4649 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

The software restriction policy is in Windows Settings...not Admin templates
which is what would be updated with that link you gave.
I have already added the XPsp2 .adm files to my GPO.

Thanks 4 anything further...