Enable users to install programs on local machine via GP f..

Sorry for the duplicate post, I forgot a subject line last time.

What is the easiest way for users that log in to a win2k domain to be able
to install programs on their local PC's? Right now I am having to go to the
local group policy and add the domain user to the local Administrators group
to accomplish this.

Is there any way to accomplish this with a Group Policy from the DC?
Thanks,

Scotty
1 answer Last reply
More about enable users install programs local machine

    "Preacher Man" wrote:
    > Sorry for the duplicate post, I forgot a subject line last
    > time.
    >
    > What is the easiest way for users that log in to a win2k
    > domain to be able
    > to install programs on their local PC's? Right now I am
    > having to go to the
    > local group policy and add the domain user to the local
    > Administrators group
    > to accomplish this.
    >
    > Is there any way to accomplish this with a Group Policy from
    > the DC?
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Scotty

    Hi,

    Group Policy doesn’t set permissions. If you want users to install,
    they need to be local administrators. However, you must realize that
    you are opening yourself up to a lot of headaches. Even the best
    intentioned ones fill their machines with spyware.

    Cheers,

    Lara

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Enable-users-install-programs-local-machine-GP-DC-ftopict344221.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1082260