Enable users to install programs on local machine via GP f..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
March 14, 2005 6:00:37 PM

Sorry for the duplicate post, I forgot a subject line last time.

What is the easiest way for users that log in to a win2k domain to be able
to install programs on their local PC's? Right now I am having to go to the
local group policy and add the domain user to the local Administrators group
to accomplish this.

Is there any way to accomplish this with a Group Policy from the DC?
Thanks,

Scotty

More about : enable users install programs local machine

Anonymous
March 17, 2005 2:59:04 AM

"Preacher Man" wrote:
> Sorry for the duplicate post, I forgot a subject line last
> time.
>
> What is the easiest way for users that log in to a win2k
> domain to be able
> to install programs on their local PC's? Right now I am
> having to go to the
> local group policy and add the domain user to the local
> Administrators group
> to accomplish this.
>
> Is there any way to accomplish this with a Group Policy from
> the DC?
> Thanks,
>
> Scotty

Hi,

Group Policy doesn’t set permissions. If you want users to install,
they need to be local administrators. However, you must realize that
you are opening yourself up to a lot of headaches. Even the best
intentioned ones fill their machines with spyware.

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Enable-users-...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1082260