Help! Is there a cheat to get items?

I just had a bug happen in my game and I loss the belt of the
performer (it poofed). So now I can't complete Sharwyn quest as she
doesn't recongnize me. Is there a "give item" cheat I can use to get
the belt back?

nub5 wrote:
> I just had a bug happen in my game and I loss the belt of the
> performer (it poofed). So now I can't complete Sharwyn quest as she
> doesn't recongnize me. Is there a "give item" cheat I can use to get
> the belt back?
there's a command for console: dm_spawnitem ... don't know the items
name though..

Mikael

On 15 Nov 2004 16:08:14 -0800, rmiller_nub@yahoo.com (nub5) wrote:

>I just had a bug happen in my game and I loss the belt of the
>performer (it poofed). So now I can't complete Sharwyn quest as she
>doesn't recongnize me. Is there a "give item" cheat I can use to get
>the belt back?

Aren't plot critical items that are dropped found in one of those
temple pools?

And the item code for the spawn listed in the other reply would be
"nw_hen_sha1rw", for +1, and sub in 2 for the +3 and 3 for the +5. (a
quick look at gamefaqs)

Mike

Mikael Schøler wrote:

>> I just had a bug happen in my game and I loss the belt of the
>> performer (it poofed). So now I can't complete Sharwyn quest as she
>> doesn't recongnize me. Is there a "give item" cheat I can use to get
>> the belt back?

> there's a command for console: dm_spawnitem ... don't know the items
> name though..

The belt is only a reward for solving the henchman's quest, it's not the
item which indicates that he has been hired. For Sharwyn, you will need the
contract you got from her - the command is

dm_spawnitem nw_hen_shapers

For the belt - there are 3 of them, one for each chapter:

Ch. 1: nw_hen_sha1rw
Ch. 2: nw_hen_sha2rw
Ch. 3: nw_hen_sha3rw

HTH
Hans

Hans Wein wrote:
> The belt is only a reward for solving the henchman's quest, it's not the
> item which indicates that he has been hired.

Yes, but the presence of the reward item is what allows you to do the
later quests.
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

Michael Anderson wrote:

> Aren't plot critical items that are dropped found in one of those
> temple pools?

If you drop them manually by removing them from your inventory, then they
will be transferred into the pool. But if it disappears because the object
is destroyed by a bug they will be gone forever and the only way to bring
them back is to spawn them in again with the console.

Hans