Power and GPS lead compatability question

April 24, 2005 3:14:34 PM

I have a Medion MDPPC250 PPC which came with a wired Medion GPS aerial, and
cigar lighter, power combo. (GPS sits on dashboard, and is powered via cigar
lighter, which then attaches to the bottom of PDA)

Will this setup attach to a new Dell Axim X30 in the same way, or do I need
to get another GPS/power supply unit? I think I know what the answer is
going to be, but I would really rather not have the expense.

Cheers

Chris
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 5:23:30 PM

Hi

It is not a stadard, and normally they are not compatible, could be a pretty
expensive if you tried. Many GPS recievers do have converter cables so you
could get it to fit the axim.

--

Regards,
Allan Boegild Pedersen

"Evil Uncle Chris" <chris.macnamara@ntlworld.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>I have a Medion MDPPC250 PPC which came with a wired Medion GPS aerial, and
>cigar lighter, power combo. (GPS sits on dashboard, and is powered via
>cigar lighter, which then attaches to the bottom of PDA)
>
> Will this setup attach to a new Dell Axim X30 in the same way, or do I
> need to get another GPS/power supply unit? I think I know what the answer
> is going to be, but I would really rather not have the expense.
>

> Cheers
>

> Chris

Anonymous
April 24, 2005 5:23:31 PM

".1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> It is not a stadard, and normally they are not compatible, could be a
> pretty expensive if you tried. Many GPS recievers do have converter cables
> so you could get it to fit the axim.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Allan Boegild Pedersen
> www.pda-faq.com

Thanks Allan, do you know of anywhere I can check compatability for one of
the convertor cables?

Cheers

Chris
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 8:21:13 PM

> Thanks Allan, do you know of anywhere I can check compatability for one of
> the convertor cables?

I think you should try searching for a website for the GPS reciever....

--

Regards,
Allan Boegild Pedersen