Internet Explorer 7.0

Isn't it funny how MS keeps updating their software and making it better as
long as there is competition in the marketplace, but once the competition is
gone they let the product fall to the wayside. When they were trying to beat
Netscape they were always releasing new and better versions of the browser.
After they won the war they haven't touched the browser. Who cares how many
problems and security holes it has, no reason to make it better. When I saw
all the attention that FireFox is getting I immediately thought, "Time for
MS to release a new browser soon." Sure enough, now they announce a new IE
7. If it wasn't for Firefox being released, five years from now we would
still be on IE 6.

"gls858" <gls858@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Thought this might be of interest.

> gls858

This is normal behavior for a business.

"Brian Bischof" <Brian@NoSpamBischofSystems.com> wrote in message
> Isn't it funny how MS keeps updating their software and making it better
> as
> long as there is competition in the marketplace, but once the competition
> is
> gone they let the product fall to the wayside. When they were trying to
> beat
> Netscape they were always releasing new and better versions of the
> browser.
> After they won the war they haven't touched the browser. Who cares how
> many
> problems and security holes it has, no reason to make it better. When I
> saw
> all the attention that FireFox is getting I immediately thought, "Time for
> MS to release a new browser soon." Sure enough, now they announce a new IE
> 7. If it wasn't for Firefox being released, five years from now we would
> still be on IE 6.
>

> "gls858" <gls858@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Thought this might be of interest.
>>
>> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1765169,00.asp
>>
>> gls858

Thats Capitalism. Why upgrade a product and spend more R&D money when you
own the biggest piece of the pie and it gets bigger and bigger? There is no
company out there that will invent a product, then crush the competion and
then try to out do themselves with a better product.

"Brian Bischof" <Brian@NoSpamBischofSystems.com> wrote in message
> Isn't it funny how MS keeps updating their software and making it better
> as
> long as there is competition in the marketplace, but once the competition
> is
> gone they let the product fall to the wayside. When they were trying to
> beat
> Netscape they were always releasing new and better versions of the
> browser.
> After they won the war they haven't touched the browser. Who cares how
> many
> problems and security holes it has, no reason to make it better. When I
> saw
> all the attention that FireFox is getting I immediately thought, "Time for
> MS to release a new browser soon." Sure enough, now they announce a new IE
> 7. If it wasn't for Firefox being released, five years from now we would
> still be on IE 6.
>

> "gls858" <gls858@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Thought this might be of interest.
>>
>> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1765169,00.asp
>>
>> gls858

Other examples are GM, Ford and VW and Toyota/Honda/Nissan.
Or the 4 minute mile. Pepsi or Coke, buggy whips vs
gasoline.

Brian Bischof wrote:
> If it wasn't for Firefox being released, five years from now we
> would still be on IE 6.

No. We would be on IE 9 SP1. But functionality wise there would be very
little to separate it from IE 4, except it would support a bunch of new MS
proprietary technologies, it would have a handful of semi-critical holes and
annoying bugs that would never be fixed because they are "features", and the
most noticable difference would be the that instead of clicking links or
enter URLs in the address bar you would have to click on a yellow smiley
face with glasses who always popped up asking you "Where do you want to go
today?"

They've been working on IE7 for Longhorn for some time. In fact, I started
occasionally running a pre-alpha of it almost a year ago.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com