Custome .adm Files

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I have had a look through previous posting and the impression I get is that
what I am trying to is possible (although as this is the first time I have
written a custom .adm file then I could be way off).

What I am trying to achieve is to customise the file open dialogue within
Office 2003 for all of our users. The .adm file I have created is shown
below. If I do a GPResult on the XP machine that I am testing on, it shows
that the settings specified have been applied but when I open word the
standard icons are still there the custom ones are not.

FYI we are running XP SP2, Office 2003 SP1, Windows 2000 Domain.

Any help on this would be great.

Steve

CLASS USER

CATEGORY !!MySettings

CATEGORY !!OFFICE

POLICY !!HideDesktopIcon
EXPLAIN !!HideDesktopIcon_Explain
KEYNAME "Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\Open
Find\Places\StandardPlaces\Desktop"
VALUENAME "Show"
VALUEON NUMERIC 0
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 1
END POLICY

POLICY !!HidePublishingIcon
EXPLAIN !!HideDesktopIcon_Explain
KEYNAME "Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\Open
Find\Places\StandardPlaces\Publishing"
VALUENAME "Show"
VALUEON NUMERIC 0
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 1
END POLICY

POLICY !!ShareDriveIcon
EXPLAIN !!HomeDriveIcon_Explain
KEYNAME "Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\Open
Find\Places\UserDefinedPlaces\Place2"
VALUENAME "Name"
VALUEON QDrive
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0
END POLICY

POLICY !!ShareDrivePath
EXPLAIN !!HomeDrivePath_Explain
KEYNAME "Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\Open
Find\Places\UserDefinedPlaces\Place2"
VALUENAME "Path"
VALUEON Q:\
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0
END POLICY

END CATEGORY

END CATEGORY

[strings]
HideDesktopIcon="Hide Desktop Icon on File Open Dialogue"
HideDesktopIcon_Explain="This will hide the Desktop Icon on the file open
dialogue of Office 2003 applications. This is only supported on systems
running Office 2003."

HidePublishingIcon="Hide My Network Places Icon on File Open Dialogue"
HidePublishingIcon_Explain="This will hide the My Netowork Places Icon on
the file open dialogue of Office 2003 applications. This is only supported
on systems running Office 2003."

ShareDriveIcon="Create the Shared Drive Icon on File Open Dialogue"
ShareDriveIcon_Explain="This will create the Shared Drive Icon on the file
open dialogue of Office 2003 applications. This setting should be used with
the Set Shared Drive Icon setting and is only supported on systems running
Office 2003. This setting will not take effect if the Hide My Network Places
Icon setting has not been set."

ShareDrivePath="Set Shared Drive Icon path for the home drive drive icon on
File Open Dialogue"
ShareDrivePath_Explain="This will set the Shared Drive Icon path on the file
open dialogue of Office 2003 applications. This setting should be used with
the set Create Shared Drive Icon setting and is only supported on systems
running Office 2003. This setting will not take effect if the Hide My
Network Places Icon setting has not been set."

Office="Office 2003"
MySettings="My Settings"

"Steve320" wrote:
> [...]
> should be used with
> the Set Shared Drive Icon setting and is only supported on
> systems running
> Office 2003. This setting will not take effect if the Hide My
> Network Places
> Icon setting has not been set."
>
> ShareDrivePath="Set Shared Drive Icon path for the home drive
> drive icon on
> File Open Dialogue"
> ShareDrivePath_Explain="This will set the Shared Drive Icon
> path on the file
> open dialogue of Office 2003 applications. This setting
> should be used with
> the set Create Shared Drive Icon setting and is only supported
> on systems
> running Office 2003. This setting will not take effect if the
> Hide My
> Network Places Icon setting has not been set."

Hi,

I haven’t had much success with Custom ADM’s running correctly with
Win 2K. Have you check the MS website to make sure the Office 2003
ADM’s that are available don’t have the settings you want already?

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Custome-adm-Files-ftopict344983.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1082257