Why do i have to wait so long for 2 day shipment?

XrayMan

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2005
I ordered Corsair TWIN2X2048-9136C5D 1142mhz ram from Zipzoomfly about 5 days ago and paid extra for 2 day shipping and they haven't even shipped it yet. I ordered a video card from Newegg 1 day later and got it 2 days after ordering. I wanted so badly to build my new comp this weekend and now i can't. Calling their phone number didn't help. You always have to leave a message, but they don't call back. Even my emails go unanswered. Anyone else get similiar problems from Zipzoomfly? Thank You. Signed: "Angry as HELL". :x

XrayMan

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2005
I have now waited a WEEK for a 2 day shipment from them and still no ram. I have emailed them a few times and left phone messages several times, and no one has contacted me yet. Do any of you know if the Better Business Bureau (B.B.B.) handles online stores? My next step i guess would be is to call them. Is there any other routes that i can take to get Zipzoomfly to fulfill their obligation? Another thing i did is, in my last email i asked that my order either be discounted or given to me free of charge.

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Wow, that sucks, ive ordered a couple things from zipzoomfly before. They took a little longer then newegg to process the order and such, but never that long. Have they already charged your card?

XrayMan

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2005
I haven't checked to see if they charged it yet. I also chose the no payments for 90 days thing. Would they still charge it now? I also did a review of the store at Pricegrabber and Epinions. I told it like it is.

G

I had to wait 4 days(not including weekend days) for next day air on newegg.

XrayMan

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2005
I just got an email from them stating that they are sorry but the item was out of stock. They will also refund my extra charge for 2 day shipping. They also said that i can cancel my order altogether. They said that they will have more of that ram in stock on 1-31-07. Hmm, i wonder if this customer service guy was reading my post tonight? LOL. Now its time to make a decision of what to do. BTW, when i ordered the ram their site said that it was in stock.

XrayMan

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2005
When i bought from Newegg it took only 2 days for 2 day shipping. Maybe i just got lucky. Also last night i ordered a Hard Drive from Newegg. Today it shows its already shipped.

XrayMan

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2005
UPDATE: I got another email about 15 minutes after the one i just mentioned and it said the item has shipped. Also they are refunding me the extra charge for 2 day shipping. I'm glad its turning out more in my favor, but it sure was a hassle.

Aita

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
i've been using zipzoomfly for 2 years now and never had that problem, then again i never chose the other payment option. glad you got it anyway

Syntonic

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2007
I've had orders take a bit (but within their set time) as well from zipzoomfly but never to your degree fortunately and I've chosen different shipping options - but the two aren't related before people think I'm implying something.

XrayMan

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2005
Update again: Well, after finally getting the ram i finished building my new comp. I turn it on and theres a problem. I get errors. So i try one of the two sticks of ram by itself and the comp. works. I switch it with the other stick, and low and behold comp. doesn't work. I get the dreaded C1 error code on my EVGA 680i mobo. Good going Zipzoomfly. Now you gave me more problems. In order to send it back for a refund, i have to email them. I did this yesterday. Hopefully they don't take forever to get back to me. BTW they will charge me a 15% restocking fee of the $495 bill. Just got to love it when one stick is D.O.A. after going through all this hassle in the first place.

PC_Side_Line

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
Don't forget about weather considerations...most of the USA is frigid, and sometimes pc companies take the day off.

try www.crucial.com for ur memory needs next time!

tamalero

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
I ordered Corsair TWIN2X2048-9136C5D 1142mhz ram from Zipzoomfly about 5 days ago and paid extra for 2 day shipping and they haven't even shipped it yet. I ordered a video card from Newegg 1 day later and got it 2 days after ordering. I wanted so badly to build my new comp this weekend and now i can't. Calling their phone number didn't help. You always have to leave a message, but they don't call back. Even my emails go unanswered. Anyone else get similiar problems from Zipzoomfly? Thank You. Signed: "Angry as HELL". :x

dude, you seriusly need to BE THANKFUL YOU LIVE IN THE USA
and that you can GET REAL 2 DAY SHIPPING(or even 4 )

cause in other places such as mexico, 2-3 weeks is the usual... :/

kamel5547

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
I've had fairly decent luck with them myself... maybe the shipping took a day or two longer than I hoped but it wasn't priority.

As far as Newegg I've had varying luck depending on which wharehouse it shipped from. If it ships from the LA one I get it next day through regular service ;).

XrayMan

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2005
Ive always had good luck with Newegg. Example: 2 hard drives ordered for 3 day shipment. Got them in 1 day. I only went to Zipzoomfly because Newegg was out of stock on the memory, but Zipzoomfly had them in stock and was 4 dollars cheaper. Tonight i see the memory at Newegg is now $20 cheaper and in stock :(

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
This is probably a bad idea, but...You could order the now cheaper ram off newegg, swap your current sticks with the new, fully working ones, send the package back, and call it a day.

Just an idea.

XrayMan

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2005
Final update: Well i went ahead and tried calling Zipzoomfly this morning after not getting a response to my email for an RMA, and i finally got a live person. He read the history of all the hassle i had and he did an RMA for me. I will be getting a full refund and i will not have to pay the 15% restocking fee. I will mail them back the bad memory tomorrow. After i got done with that, i ordered the ram from another online store. Should get it by Friday. This post and responses from me was something i felt i needed to do . Maybe i helped others who read this forum and my messages, so they will be informed about this, and maybe not make the same mistakes or go through what i did. Thanks to all who put up with me. :)

Mondoman

Splendid
Bummer to have two bad things happen to the same order! I have noticed some posts in the last month or so that people have been getting bad sticks in their "premium" Corsair twin-packs. I really hope Corsair isn't letting their premium stuff slide to the junk status of their ValueSelect line.
I've had good experiences with ZipZoomfly, and like the fact that you can often upgrade from their free ground shipping to 2-day for not much extra.
If you need stuff fast, a couple of places to keep in mind are pcconnection.com and frys.com, both of which can ship out in-stock orders for next-day delivery even if you place the order as late as 8 or 9PM Pacific Time. Of course, they tend to be more expensive, but it's pretty cool to get something within literally twelve hours of placing the order!

TRENDING THREADS