I'm a 14th level ranger, what is the best item for resisting fear. I have
found this to be the biggest challenge of the game so far. No matter what
attribute I try to boost, nothing can keep me from running scared in the
presence of dragons.

Is there any way to ask a mercenary to use protection spells?

Thanks,
Malcolm

"Malcolm Vidrine" <malcolm@att.net> wrote in message
> I'm a 14th level ranger, what is the best item for resisting fear. I have
> found this to be the biggest challenge of the game so far. No matter what
> attribute I try to boost, nothing can keep me from running scared in the
> presence of dragons.
>
> Is there any way to ask a mercenary to use protection spells?

Belt of lesser guiding light or something like that... or take a level or 2
in Paladin muhahaha

Malcolm Vidrine wrote:
> I'm a 14th level ranger, what is the best item for resisting fear. I
have
> found this to be the biggest challenge of the game so far. No matter
what
> attribute I try to boost, nothing can keep me from running scared in
the
> presence of dragons.

Potions of clarity.

Hong

Malcolm Vidrine wrote:
> I'm a 14th level ranger, what is the best item for resisting fear. I have
> found this to be the biggest challenge of the game so far. No matter what
> attribute I try to boost, nothing can keep me from running scared in the
> presence of dragons.

Daelan's Amulet of the Red Tiger Tribe also grants immunity to fear.
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

Oh, find an object that gives you immunity - that's what I do. A belt or
amulet, usually. It means you resist everything else that causes fear too
(mummies, irate high level mages, anything with large teeth and bad breath -
maybe that last one's just me). My ranger-wizard whipped the butt of that
dragolich soundly - take your aura of fear and STUFF IT, she said -
yeehaaaa!

More or less everything else can be dealt with with potions and spells.

What're your essential pieces of kit? Mine are:

1. Greater belt of guiding light (resists death magic and fear)
2. Boots of Speed - I really can't manage without those. Wish I had some
for real.
3. Oh and one of those amulets of health that regenerates hit points,
they're really handy, though the necklace of fireballs has a lot to
recommend it.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Malcolm Vidrine" <malcolm@att.net> wrote in message
> I'm a 14th level ranger, what is the best item for resisting fear. I have
> found this to be the biggest challenge of the game so far. No matter what
> attribute I try to boost, nothing can keep me from running scared in the
> presence of dragons.
>
> Is there any way to ask a mercenary to use protection spells?
>
> Thanks,
> Malcolm

> What're your essential pieces of kit? Mine are:
>
> 1. Greater belt of guiding light (resists death magic and fear)
> 2. Boots of Speed - I really can't manage without those. Wish I had some
> for real.

> 3. Oh and one of those amulets of health that regenerates hit points,
> they're really handy, though the necklace of fireballs has a lot to
> recommend it.

That would be Amulet of Greater Health... immunity to disease and life-drain
plus regeneration.

"KC Wong" <my@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> What're your essential pieces of kit? Mine are:
>>
>> 1. Greater belt of guiding light (resists death magic and fear)
>> 2. Boots of Speed - I really can't manage without those. Wish I had some
>> for real.
>
>> 3. Oh and one of those amulets of health that regenerates hit points,
>> they're really handy, though the necklace of fireballs has a lot to
>> recommend it.
>
> That would be Amulet of Greater Health... immunity to disease and
> life-drain
> plus regeneration.

Dragon Slippers.

"DerBatz." <derbatz@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> "KC Wong" <my@privacy.net> wrote in message
> >> What're your essential pieces of kit? Mine are:
> >>
> >> 1. Greater belt of guiding light (resists death magic and fear)
> >> 2. Boots of Speed - I really can't manage without those. Wish I had
some
> >> for real.
> >
> >> 3. Oh and one of those amulets of health that regenerates hit points,
> >> they're really handy, though the necklace of fireballs has a lot to
> >> recommend it.
> >
> > That would be Amulet of Greater Health... immunity to disease and
> > life-drain
> > plus regeneration.
> >

> Dragon Slippers.

Dragon Slippers don't let you regenerate do they?

"Insane Ranter" <spam@not.me> wrote in message

> "DerBatz." <derbatz@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "KC Wong" <my@privacy.net> wrote in message

> some

>> > That would be Amulet of Greater Health... immunity to disease and
>> > life-drain
>> > plus regeneration.
>> >

>> Dragon Slippers.
>>

> Dragon Slippers don't let you regenerate do they?

Nope, immunity from fear & knockdown., dexterity +2 and Spell resist 10.
Curtesey of your friendly shop in a bottle.

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 03:03:06 GMT, "Malcolm Vidrine" <malcolm@att.net>
wrote:

>I'm a 14th level ranger, what is the best item for resisting fear. I have
>found this to be the biggest challenge of the game so far. No matter what
>attribute I try to boost, nothing can keep me from running scared in the
>presence of dragons.

Potion of clarity.