Disabling CF Card Power Usage

April 24, 2005 4:37:42 PM

Hi,

Does anyone know how to control the power consumption of a CF Type II
microdrive?

Right now, it uses a lot of power when device is on although I'm no using it
constantly

I don't want to take it out because I know I will lose it

thx
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 12:40:44 AM

Hi,
The Pocket PC would have to allow a developer to turn on and off the power
to the slot. I am unaware of any OEM that supports that feature.

--
Chris De Herrera
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com

"Amir" <amir@na.com> wrote in message
news:p XPae.288$BW6.66013@news20.bellglobal.com...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to control the power consumption of a CF Type II
> microdrive?
>
> Right now, it uses a lot of power when device is on although I'm no using
> it constantly
>
> I don't want to take it out because I know I will lose it
>
> thx

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 6:22:19 PM

"Amir" <amir@na.com> wrote in message
news:p XPae.288$BW6.66013@news20.bellglobal.com...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to control the power consumption of a CF Type II
> microdrive?
>
> Right now, it uses a lot of power when device is on although I'm no using
> it constantly
>
> I don't want to take it out because I know I will lose it

Invest in a case for your PDA that allows you to carry the CF card, and
remove it when not in use. The case should prevent you from losing the
card.

..02, FWIW
!